Oats Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
Smoothies are a power drink. This nutrient-dense drink can go well as a breakfast or evening drink and fulfil all the needs of your little one. Oats strawberry smoothie for babies is one of the smoothies which you might end up making a lot for your child. To begin with, it is delicious and can be fixed in a jiffy, you can also store it in the fridge, and it can be used when you are in a hurry. It will provide the energy that your kid needs for their action-filled day. Even the picky eaters would not grimace in gulping down this smoothie and ask for more! It is a great way to get fruits or even vegetables like spinach, kale, broccoli etc. into your baby’s system, which they might not eat otherwise. This is a recipe which keeps your little one hydrated as well as increases their stamina.
Type of Meal
Any baby above 13 months of age
|Ingredients||Quantity and Volume|
|Oats powder||¼ cup|
|Frozen or fresh strawberries||½ cup|
|Vanilla extract||¼ tsp|
|Chia seeds||¼ cup|
|Sea Salt||1 pinch|
|Honey||1 tsp (optional)|
Here is the detailed step-by-step procedure to prepare oats strawberry smoothie. You could also add any nuts or veggies in it as the sweetness of banana will mask the real taste of veggies, and you can pass it off as a milkshake that your child usually loves.
- Wash the strawberries thoroughly and chop them into bite-size pieces.
- Peel and cut a banana into small pieces.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend it on high for 60 seconds or till you think the smoothie has the consistency you need.
This super easy oats strawberry smoothie recipe gets done in under 10 minutes and makes this a go-to recipe for any time:
- Add cow’s milk only for kids above 1 year, for the younger ones use formula milk or breast milk.
- You could also use steel cut oats as they are non-GMO.
- To get the most out of the oats, you could soak them overnight and then sprout them for a day. Then you grind and preserve it in airtight containers in the fridge; to be used as and when needed.
- Make sure the strawberries are fresh and are not too sour as that would require you to add sweetener which we want to avoid.
- Use honey for kids older than 1 year, if required, for smaller kids do not add honey. The strawberry along with banana is enough to give this smoothie a sweet taste.
- You could add more vegetables if you like but avoid citrus fruits or lemon.
Nutrition Information (per cup)
|Vit A||6.6 %|
|Vit C||60.9 %|
|Vit B6||18.1 %|
|Vit D||12 %|
|Vit E||1.8 %|
|Pantothenic acid||2.3 %|
|Riboflavin (Vit B2)||5.2 %|
|Thiamin (Vit B1)||2.8 %|
* Percent daily value is based on 2000 cal diet
By making this home-made oats strawberry smoothie baby food recipe, you will surely have a win-win situation at home. No need to pester your baby to drink it as it is super delicious, full of nutrition, and so easy to fix.
- Oats have a lot of fibre which aids digestion.
- They are a great source of beta-glucan which builds immunity.
- They are rich in vitamins and minerals which are essential for a child’s body and brain.
- Oats have avenanthramide, which is a unique antioxidant and can protect against heart diseases.
- This has high levels of vitamin C and manganese, which would prevent the recurring cold and cough in babies.
- Try to buy organic as much as possible as giving non-organic stuff to your child can negatively impact their delicate system.
- Make sure strawberries are ripened and sweet.
If you are in a fix as to what to give your kiddo, go through our recipe on how to make the oats strawberry smoothie for a baby and your breakfast will be done in minutes.