How to Make a Balloon Arch at Home for Your Kid’s Party
If you are looking for over-the-top decoration ideas to make your kid’s birthday party or other special occasions feel extra special, you can try to accentuate the party place with a balloon arch! Well, if you have already thought of it but given this thought a miss because it seemed daunting and tedious! Let’s put your worries to ease and assure you that it is not! If you have the supplies ready and know the trick, it is actually like a walk in the park! Read the following blog and learn to make a homemade balloon arch!
DIY Balloon Arch to Make Your Child’s Party Special
A balloon arch can not only perk up the décor but also make the celebrations more fun. We will be walking you through the entire process of how to make a balloon arch step by step:
What You Will Need
Here’s what all you will have to assemble to build a balloon arch:
- Balloons: The first and foremost requirement is to buy balloons, and you will require a lot of balloons! Depending on the area you wish to cover or the length of arch you plan to make, you will have to determine how many balloons you need for a balloon arch. Also, make sure you keep in mind the theme of the party in mind when selecting the color and size of the balloons.
- Balloon Pump: You will have to inflate too many balloons, though you can do it without a pump. However, that may take more time and exhaust you too. A balloon pump will fasten the process for you.
- Blunt Needle: A blunt needle comes in handy in sewing all the inflated balloons together. It is a great option to prevent any accidental balloon popping and also saves you from pricking your own fingers.
- Fishing Line: Get a clear fishing line to make the arch frame. However, you can get any size roll, make sure you get a clear one as it gets easier to hide it between the balloons, and the frame would not show after you assemble it.
- Additional Accessories: If you wish to add some dry flowers or foliage to the arch, you can do that too. You can use both fresh and dry flowers.
- Glue Gun: A low-temperature glue gun will come in handy in case you have to keep some balloons in place or secure them after placing the arch. This will also come in handy to place smaller balloons on top of bigger ones.
- Clear Tape: Keeping a tape handy will be a wise thing to do as it will be an easy and convenient way to fix any balloon emergencies.
- Something to Hang the Arch: You need a balloon arch frame to hang the arch, and for that, a wooden frame will work well. However, you can also hang the arch on a curtain rod or even stick it on the wall or any other background.
- Hooks: If you plan on hanging the balloon arch on a wall or any other background, you will require hooks to secure the arch. You can either use metal hooks or sticky ones.
These are the main supplies that you will have to keep ready to make the balloon arch.
If you are wondering how long does it take to make a balloon arch, well, if you have all the material handy, then you just need to follow the following step-by-step instructions, and you will be able to manage your DIY project in roughly an hour or two! Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Draw Your Shape or Design: One of the important things to remember before you start is to have a rough sketch or drawing of the arch you wish to make. It does not have to be an elaborate or intricate design, and even a simple balloon arch such as half an arch or a garland shape will do the trick. This will be something that will give you a fair idea of how you will place it, how many balloons you will need, and other such basic requisites.
- Start Inflating the Balloons: Once you have a design in mind, the next step is to start blowing the balloons. To give more oomph and style to the arch, make sure you blow the balloons in different sizes. Also, if you are using single-color balloons, choosing different hues of the same color will add more dimension to the arch. Have a few extra balloons with you, in case the need arises.
- Sew the Balloons: Take the fishing thread and secure it in the needle and start sewing the balloons by running the needles through the extreme end of the knots. Keep sewing the balloons until you reach the desired length. Knot the other end of the fishing line to secure the balloons in their place.
- Place the Hooks: Mark the areas where you wish to place the hooks to hang the arch. Also, keep in mind the shape in which you wish to place the arch.
- Fill in the Gaps: Once you place the balloon arch, you can fill in the gaps by adding more balloons to it with the glue gun. Make sure to take extra caution while hovering the glue gun over the balloons as the glue may not be that hot, but the metal tip is, and that may pop the balloons.
- Add Flowers or other Embellishments: Once the arch is in place, you can add foliage, flowers, or other embellishments to give more sass to the arch. Adding palm leaves, fresh flowers, animal cutouts are some of the options that you can try. However, make sure any extras are in sync with the theme and color scheme of the arch, as something abrupt may just kill or dampen the entire feel and look of the arch.
A homemade balloon arch is a perfect way for adding more panache to your kid’s party. You can choose any place to hang it. However, making it a backdrop for a photobooth, hanging it over a fireplace, placing it over the dining area, hanging it over the gift corner, or even placing it at the entrance door will be a great idea!