Last Updated on
|Serves||Preparation Time||Cooking Time|
|4 People||10 Minutes||30 Minutes|
- 250 g rice uncooked rice (Basmati rice or any other rice can be used)
- 70 g raw peanuts
- 1 tsp (teaspoon) mustard seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 1 tbsp (tablespoon) chana dal
- 2 whole green chillies chopped (you can even split the chilies into half)
- 2 tsps lemon juice
- 1 large onion chopped
- 250 ml water
- 2 tsps oil
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsps coriander leaves (optional)
- 2 tbsps coconut grated (optional)
- 1 tsp salt to taste
Wash rice and cook it in a pressure cooker (if you are using cups, use the same cup for rice and water), handi or rice cooker.
Chop onions and chili and keep it aside.
In a kadai, heat oil and add mustard seeds till they crackle.
Add peanuts to the oil and roast them.
Add chana dal and urad dal to the oil and saute till it turns golden brown.
Add chopped onions and chilies and saute until the onions turn golden brown. Add turmeric powder. Now keep this mix aside.
When the rice is cooked, mix the onion mixture with the rice.
Add lemon juice to taste, salt and a little oil (if necessary) while mixing.
While serving add grated coconuts and coriander leaves (optional).
You can increase chillies or add some freshly ground pepper powder, if you prefer spicier rice.