Last Updated on
Cheese is a great nutritional meal option for your little one. If you wish to learn a tasty snacking option that uses cheese as one of the main ingredients, well, you are just in the right place. For parents, who need quick fixes to curb their babies’ hunger pangs, this recipe can serve as a true lifesaver. Learn this homemade Grilled Cheese Sandwich baby food recipe that you can make for your toddler any time of the day!
Microwave or gas stove
Type of Meal
Suitable For (Optional)
Ideal for babies over one year of age (You must check with your doctor before giving any dairy products to your baby).
Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner
You can make sumptuous sandwiches with just three to four ingredients. The table below mentions all the ingredients you will need to make Grilled Cheese Sandwich for toddlers.
|Ingredient||Quantity and Volume|
|Cheese||30 to 40 g|
|Butter||10 to 20 g|
Follow these simple step by step directions to make this easy recipe:
- Take the bread slices and discard the sides.
- Spread butter generously on both the slices with the help of a butter knife.
- Grate or shred the cheese and place it on the non-buttered side of one slice.
- Place the other non-buttered slice on top. Gently press the slices with one hand to secure the sandwich.
- Preheat the grill mode of microwave to 180 degrees.
- Place the sandwich on the grill tray and cook until it turns gold and crispy on both sides.
- Serve the grilled cheese sandwich after cooling it down a bit, with homemade sauce or dip.
Following are some tips that can be helpful while making this recipe:
- You can also use a gas grill to make this sandwich.
- Brown bread is a healthy option for kids, however, for younger kids, white bread is a better option because it is easier to digest.
- You can use different kinds of cheese when making sandwiches for older kids. Such as cheddar, mozzarella, etc.
- Do not keep the flame to high, when grilling the sandwich on a gas stove. Be patient to get that crispy brown hue to the sandwich.
- Grated cheese not only melts easily but also spreads evenly on the bread than the chopped or shredded cheese.
- For older children, you can add chopped vegetables such as capsicum, carrots, etc to add extra taste and crunch.
Nutrition Information (Per 100 Grams)
The table below mentions the nutritional content in grilled cheese sandwiches:
|Dietary fibre||4 g|
This table only states the tentative values present in 100 grams of a grilled cheese sandwich. However, the actual nutritional content may sometimes vary.
Now that you have learned how to make Grilled Cheese Sandwich, let us now share some advantages or benefits of feeding this yummy meal option to your baby.
- Cheese is loaded with a good amount of calcium, which is an important mineral in the growth and development of teeth and bone development in kids.
- Cheese is high in calories, which means your kid may feel satisfied for longer and helps keep them energised throughout the day.
- An ample storehouse of protein and vitamin B12, cheese is a great meal option for vegetarian families.
- Including cheese in your baby’s diet is a great way of aiding various processes in your baby’s body that includes formation, repairing, regulating and protecting the body.
Keep in mind the following tips when you go shopping for ingredients to make grilled cheese sandwich for you kiddo:
- Whenever you buy bread to make sandwiches, make sure to check the best before date.
- The same rule of checking the best before or expiry date applies to cheese.
- Buy cheese from well-known or renowned brands only.
Next time you are looking for a nutritious meal option that can be made in a jiffy, try this simple grilled cheese sandwich. You could add in a few veggies to enhance the taste as per the kids’ liking. Well, don’t forget to whip up one for yourself too!