Last Updated on
|2 People||2 Hours (soaking time)||
20 – 25 Minutes
- 1/2 cup urad dal, soaked for 2 hours and drained
- 2 tsp green chillies, chopped
- 2 tsp ginger, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 cup whisked curds (dahi)
- 1 1/2 tbsp powdered sugar
- Chilli powder for sprinkling
- 2 tbsp tamarind dates chutney
- Roasted cumin seeds (jeera) powder for sprinkling
- Black salt for garnishing
- 1 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
Combine urad dal, green chillies, ginger and salt and grind to a smooth paste using approx. ¼ cup of water. Keep the batter aside for a while.
Heat oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry 3-4 vadas at a time. Keep flipping and fry them thoroughly till they turn light golden brown in colour from all the sides.
Drain on a napkin paper and keep aside.
In a bowl, combine curd and sugar, mix well and keep the aside.
Take enough water in a deep bowl and drop the vadas in. Let them soak in water for 10-15 minutes.
Remove the wadas from water and squeeze out all the excess water. Flatten it lightly between your palms.
Arrange 3-4 vadas on a serving dish and top with sweetened curd.
Sprinkle a little chilli powder, a tablespoon of tamarind dates chutney, a little cumin seeds powder and some black salt.
Serve immediately or keep it in the fridge for 15-20 mins before serving.
|Calories||220 K cal|