Last Updated on
Vaccinations are very important for the child; they should not be missed. Going out of the house during this lockdown is very risky too, but how long are we going to delay the vaccinations. At some point, parents have to take their babies out to the paediatrician to get them vaccinated.
I want to share a few things I followed while taking my baby to the pediatrician for vaccination.
- Call the paediatrician first before visiting the clinic.
- Ensure that he/she has the required vaccination. Please share all the details with the doctor.
- Make sure you, your partner, and your baby wear masks or cover the mouth and the nose with a handkerchief. Swaddle the baby, dress him/her appropriately depending on how warm or cold it is, but ensure the baby is fully clothed, and cover the baby’s feet and hands with mittens and socks.
- Make sure you sanitise your car or bike you use to commute to the clinic.
- Once you reach your paediatrician, be seated in the car with your baby until you are called.
- Once you are called, make sure you don’t touch any furniture or open the door. Let your partner do that and tell him to sanitise immediately after he touches the surfaces.
- Keep the baby belongings in a different bag and use them only if required.
- As soon as the vaccination is done, get your baby home without stopping anywhere for anything.
- Take a bath and bathe the baby, too as soon as you return.
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.