Simple Steps Worth Following for a Happy Baby and Mommy
Being a first time mommy was wonderful and at the same time challenging. There were few mistakes which I learnt from my experience and I want to share them with you so that you can serve your little one better. I will summarize them in few lines as it will be easier for you to follow.
- Swaddle baby as it helps them to sleep better and longer.
- Feed them only when their hungry or else it will irritate them.
- Arriving of a new baby is wonderful and exciting for all. Make sure you don’t keep the little one engaged always with your talks and carrying. They are very tiny and do get exhausted in an hour. Put them off after one hour max. They need maximum sleep because of the growing phase.
- If they don’t sleep better at daytime, they find it hard to sleep at night also.
- Give then bath and massage before bedtime.
- Politely say no to people who are sick while visiting baby as babies immunity is low at this stage.
- If it’s cold keep them warm by adding an extra pair of clothes to the existing one. You can also pair them up with matching socks.
- Don’t purchase many clothes for your little one before arrival. 5 pair is more than enough as a start. You will be getting many gifts for them so can avoid the cost of purchasing extra.
- While purchasing always try to buy a size bigger as that will lasts longer rather than clothes getting small early.
- Monitor baby while sleeping especially in the first 3 months as they are more prone to SIDS.
- It’s not necessary to give them bath daily when they are little because they are always clean.
- Don’t depend on nannies and servants to take care of your little one.
- Take care of yourself and give me time.
- Eat well and don’t worry much about your figure while breastfeeding. Your baby is most important to you.
- After 6 months you can start exercising to reduce belly fat.
- Never leave your baby alone in the mattress after 4 months as they are prone to roll over and fall off.
- Don’t invest in cradle as it’s useless only for the first few months. Crib is a better option according to me.
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.