‘Either you run the day or the day runs you.’ This quote always pops up in my mind when I need that strong push to get through the day. During a long day, it is quite evident that the mind, body and soul definitely need a change, and not a break. Working moms have so much to do during the day. The view of the gym while heading back home can make you resolve to take out an hour for fitness from the next day. But you know well that ‘tomorrow’ never comes. Time management as a working mom is the best and worst challenge you face each day. After all, there is always a short cut do to things. Why not try these hacks to immerse fitness during the day?
- If you’re busy with calls during the day, walk and talk to stay active.
- Climb staircases instead of using lifts. Don’t be overenthusiastic at the first instance. Set realistic targets for climbing floors. Start with a couple of floors at a time and increase it as the days go by.
- Drink lemonade or other fresh juices instead of caffeine when you really need a push. Don’t pressure yourself too much to give up caffeinated drinks. The more you work against your mind, the more you favour it. Up to 400 milligrams (roughly 2 to 3 medium sized cups) of caffeine is advisable, but nothing more than that.
- Don’t miss your lunch or dinner for a meeting. After all, we earn to eat.
- If you happen to eat outside most of the time, watch what you eat. Reduce the intake of sweets and oily foods if you happen to eat them on a regular basis.
- Reward yourself for winning moments. Walk to the lawn, inhale some fresh air, and give some time to yourself.
- De stress and relax your muscles, shoulders, and joints every hour.
- Drink green tea every day. It helps with bloating and keeps your system detoxified.
Don’t take life too seriously. At the end of the day your happiness and smile is what matters.These tips make sure you’re spending some part of the day on yourself.
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.