Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.
Mumbai’s Special Pav Bhaji Recipe
Pav bhaji is a famous street food dish in Mumbai. It is very popular all over India as well because it tastes like heaven and is super easy to make. We all love pav bhaji in my household. I enjoy cooking it and have developed an easy, tasty recipe. Here it is!
1. Cauliflower: 3-4 small flowers
2. Cabbage: 1
3. Peas: 4 tbsp
4. Carrot: 1
5. Potato: 1 big or 2 small
6. Beetroot: 1
7. Capsicum: 1
8. Tomatoes: 4
9. Garlic: 1-2 cloves
10. Ginger: 1 inch
11. Green chillies: 1-2
12. Salt to taste
13. Kashmiri red chilli powder: 1 tbsp
14. Pav bhaji masala: 1 tbsp
15. Cooking oil: 3 spoons
17. Chopped raw onions to serve
18. Coriander leaves for garnishing
19. Lemon slices
20. Bread or pav to serve
Step by step recipe:
1. Take all veggies and wash them well.
2. Cut the potato, cabbage, cauliflower, capsicum, carrot, and beetroot in small pieces.
3. Add all the above cut veggies in a pressure cooker and add peas, a glass of water and salt to taste.
4. Let it cook for 2-3 whistles on medium flame and then cook it on low flame for 5-7 minutes.
5. After boiling these veggies, open the cooker and mash all the veggies with a masher.
6. In the meantime, grind the tomatoes, green chillies, ginger and garlic.
7. Take a pan, add 3 spoons of cooking oil and the above-made purée.
8. Add salt to taste and 1 spoon of Kashmiri red chilli powder to it.
9. Cook until it begins to leave the oil from the sides.
10. Add 1 tbsp of pav bhaji masala to it.
11. Add the mashed veggies to this cooked tomato purée and mix well.
13. Serve pav bhaji in a bowl, garnish it with coriander leaves and top it with butter.
14. Serve with chopped onion, a lemon slice and bread/ pav, whichever you like.
You can even make cheese pav bhaji by garnishing it with cheese or paneer pav bhaji by garnishing it with grated paneer.
This recipe is easy to make and will definitely make pav bhaji the most favourite meal in your household.