Last Updated on
A mother’s gargantuan task is to feed nutritious meals to her kid. All moms of young kids will agree to this, wouldn’t you? Being a mom, I always ensure that my little one gets all the essential nutrients that are required for her overall growth and development. But satisfying her taste buds while ensuring nutrition is a challenging task! So, I keep trying different but easy-peasy recipes to make mealtimes fun for my kid.
This blog will share a simple, nutritious, and creamy recipe – a must-try Strawberry Blueberry smoothie. Berries are loaded with many health benefits while equally loved by kids. Strawberries are rich in vitamin C, antioxidants, and manganese, and blueberries are a source of fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, and manganese. Adding milk will make this recipe healthier while being fulfilling, refreshing, energetic, and delicious.
Here is the list of items you would need for the recipe:
Ingredients – 50gms of strawberries, 25gms of blueberries, 15 almonds, 300ml full cream or low-fat milk,150gms vanilla ice cream, 1 tsp vanilla essence, 2 tbsp honey, 2 milk biscuits or Marie biscuits, and 10 tsp sugar
Here is how you can prepare this healthy yet flavorful drink your kid would love:
1. Soak the almonds in lukewarm water for an hour and peel off their skin.
2. Wash the berries with clean water at least 2-3 times.
3. Cut and separate the green leafy part of the berries. Then, dice the berries roughly into small pieces.
4. Freeze them for 3-4 hours to make the smoothie creamier. If you do not wish to freeze, add 3-4 ice cubes while blending the smoothie.
5. Combine the strawberries, blueberries, almonds, milk, 50 gm vanilla ice cream, vanilla essence, honey, sugar, and biscuits in a large blender and blend till the mixture becomes smooth and slushy. Add more milk if your kid likes a thinner smoothie.
6. Pour the drink into glasses and top each glass with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and diced strawberries.
Once prepared, immediately serve this flavorful, creamy, healthy smoothie for breakfast or as an evening drink.
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.