5 Traditional Homemade Cereal Powder Recipes for Babies
1. Rice Cereal Recipe
Use white rice and basmati rice. Wash the rice and soak it in water in 6 hours. After 6 hours, spread it on a white cloth. Leave to dry for 1 hour. Then, dry roast them on medium flame. Let it cool completely and grind rice to powder with the help of a food processor. Sieve the powder. Store in an airtight container.
2. Banana Cereal Powder
Use raw banana. Peel the raw banana and slice it. Spread out the banana slices on a white cloth and let them dry out in the sun. Once they turn crispy, store in an airtight container (it may take 3 days depending on the climate). Dry grind the banana slices to a fine powder and sieve it. You can also use rice cereal 1:2, i.e. 1 spoon rice cereal powder and 2 spoons banana cereal powder while making cereal for your baby.
3. Oatmeal Cereal Powder
Use oats. Grind the oats to a powder, then sieve and store it in an airtight container.
4. Mixed Grains Cereal Powder
- Basmati rice – 1 cup
- Gram daal – 1/4 cup
- Moong daal – 1/4 cup
- Peanuts – 10
- Badam – 10
Wash all the ingredients separately. Dry and roast all of them one by one. Let them cool completely. Then grind them to powder, sieve it and store in an airtight container.
5. Wheat Cereal Powder
- Whole wheat – 1/2 cup
- Peanuts – 10
- Badam – 10
How to Make Cereal for Babies
- Take any cereal powder (we have powdered).
- Take water or milk (breast milk or formula).
- Add 2 teaspoons cereal powder to one glass of milk or water and mix well.
- Add rock sugar or a pinch of salt as per need.
- Then boil the mix, and stir consistently for 5 minutes to make a smooth paste.
- A spoon of ghee can also be added to make it more delicious (if baby like the taste and smell of ghee).
- You can also add a pinch of cardamom powder for good aroma.
- Serve lukewarm.
It turns out delicious, creamy and smooth, as good as any readymade cereal. You can also add vegetable purée like carrot purée and potato purée to rice cereal and oatmeal cereal. You can also use coconut milk instead of formula milk for banana cereal.
Benefits of Homemade Cereals
- It’s healthy and organic.
- It free from the chemicals and preservatives.
- Readymade cereal is more expensive as compared to homemade cereal. It’s also pocket friendly.
Note: Homemade cereal powder must be stored only in an airtight container.
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.