Summers are here and it’s very important to keep our little ones cool, safe and comfortable. Here are a few tips that may help you.
1. Dress your baby according to the weather.
2. Bathing twice a day can help your baby stay fresh.
3. Avoid using powders on baby’s skin.
4. Use a mild lotion or cream post bath only if needed.
5. Oil massaging helps in improving blood circulation and helps the baby relax.
6. Ensure to wash the oil well after a massage.
7. Clean your baby’s nails and nose frequently.
8. Avoid putting accessories on your baby.
9. Use diapers only when needed.
10. Always apply coconut oil before putting on diapers.
11. Use good mosquito repellents or nets to protect your baby from insect bites.
12. Never use hot water to bathe as it removes all moisture. Use warm water instead.
13. Herbal bath powders can be used in place of soaps.
14. Sponge bath during the day can help the baby stay comfortable.
15. Avoid taking the baby to crowded places.
16. Oiling hair is very important to cool down the baby’s body temperature. Do it every alternate day.
17. Even though it’s summer, avoid frequent hair wash.
18. Remove tangles from baby’s hair every day and comb well.
19. Avoid using a thicker oil on hair and body as it may irritate her.
20. Too much application of oil must be avoided.
21. 0-6 months old babies should be fed frequently, every few hours.
22. Ensure you change your baby’s dress frequently.
23. Foods like yoghurt, watermelon, cucumber, gulkand, custard, onion, tomato, coconut water, lemon water, mint can be given to babies above a year.
24. Always use a cool, damp washcloth on the skin to remove sweat.
25. Use ACs at normal temperature to cool down heat rash.
26. Avoid using too many products on baby’s skin.
27. Often clean your baby’s toys.
28. Switch to cloth diapers during the day.
29. Ensure to keep a water bottle handy.
30. Sunscreen is a must for kids when they are out.
31. Prefer indoor activities than outdoor.
32. Late evenings are the ideal time to shop with your kid/baby.
33. A warm bath before bedtime is beneficial to your kid.
34. Choose early mornings to travel.
35. AC at normal temperature of 25-26 doesn’t cause harm.
36. Even though it’s summer, always use boiled or filtered water.
37. Monitor your baby’s fluid intake.
38. Any temperature above 99 should be immediately shown to the doctor.
39. Baby pools can help your baby play and relax.
40. Hang wet towels and clothes over chairs or windows.
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.