Almond Waffles Recipe
When you have picky eaters, breakfast ruts get real and become a serious concern for mothers. If you’re one of them and want to make sure your kid has eaten a balanced breakfast, almond waffles can be a good option. This kid-friendly recipe helps you to make the perfect waffles that are light, crispy on the outside, and fluffy from inside. Quick and fun-to-make, almond waffles are extremely delicious to taste and provides the best nourishment that your child needs to remain active all day. As you get creative with your cooking skills and find out how to make almond waffles most simply, the joy of watching your child enjoying the dish will surpass the effort you make.
Video : Healthy and Tasty Almond Waffles Recipe for Toddlers
Type of Meal
Toddlers older than 22 months of age
|Almond flour||2 Cup|
|Milk||1 ¼ Cup|
|Baking Powder||1 Tsp|
|Vanilla Extract||1 Tsp|
|Maple Syrup/Honey||2 Tbsp.|
|Arrowroot Starch||1 Tbsp.|
|Oats Flour||2 Cup|
|Extra-virgin olive Oil||1 Tbsp.|
These step by step directions are easy tricks to remember when you try your hand at this unique recipe:
- Take a large mixing bowl and combine eggs, almond flour, oats flour vanilla extract, baking powder, arrowroot, water, salt, sugar, and milk together by whisking everything well.
- Add water if the batter seems thick.
- Preheat the waffle maker. Grease it by spraying olive oil. Pour 1/4th cup of the batter at the centre of the waffle iron.
- Cook until the waffles are puffy and done for about 5 minutes.
- Use a fork to carefully remove the cooked waffle from the waffle maker. Transfer it to a plate. Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Serve warm with your child’s favourite topping.
- This simple almond waffles recipe made sweeter by adding apple sauce to the batter.
- Adding any multi-grain powder makes the waffles more nutritious for your kid.
- You can brush the waffle maker with butter or olive oil each time one round of waffles is done to prevent sticking to the base.
- This homemade almond waffles baby food recipe can be made healthier by using low-fat buttermilk and unsalted butter to the mix.
- Adding sugar or salt is not advisable for children less than one year of age.
- Cooking the waffles for a shorter time makes them soft and crunchy if you cook them for a longer time.
- Make sure that the batter is smooth and has no lumps in it.
- Any varieties of milk like almond milk, soy milk, coconut milk can be used for this recipe.
Nutrition Information (Per 1 paratha)
Waffles are considered ‘food for life’ as they’re preservative-free convenient and fast breakfast solution. The health benefits listed below will encourage you to invest time and effort in making for your entire family:
- Eggs are a valuable source of protein for babies. Considered as the building blocks for growth and regeneration of cells, eggs make babies stronger.
- Almonds contain riboflavin and L-carnitine that stimulate brain activity in babies. They contain a high amount of fibre that aids the digestion process and regulates bowel movements.
- The fatty acids in almonds have anti-inflammatory properties that ensure good health for children. Phosphorous in almonds enhances bone and teeth health thereby preventing osteoporosis in later life.
- The rich composition of antioxidants in almonds helps to fight cancer.
- Milk contains calcium and Vitamin D needed to build strong muscles and keep for all-rounded growth and development of your child.
This buying guide is a ready reckoner for all mothers venturing out to shop the best quality ingredients that will help to bring out the best taste and nutritional value of this dish.
- Almond flour can be made at home or bought from a store. Go for extra-fine, high protein variety for the smoothest and healthiest waffle batter.
- Check the expiry date on the label of the eggs mentioned in its pack. The eggshell should be clean, smooth, and not cracked.
- Buy pasteurised milk that is well within their use-by date. Avoid leaky milk cartons.
As mothers make no compromise with their child’s health, homemade almond waffles for babies have the wholesome goodness that store-bought waffles fail to have. Hence, make sure eating your almond waffles become your child’s favourite weekly treat that not only satisfies hunger pangs but helps create happy memories of mealtimes.