Last Updated on
Mommying comes with its set of challenges and really tough ones at that! However, the key is to take things lightly and enjoy each moment. How? Well, some funny parenting quotes every mommy can relate to may be just what the doctor ordered!
Parenting gives you several lovely moments to cherish. Some may leave you stunned, others may leave you frustrated and confused. A lot has been said about parenting and how precious it is, but it’s time to look at the funny side!
Funny Parenting Quotes to Laugh Out Loud
1. I used to have functioning brain cells but I traded them in for children.
Every day, you take care of your children and manage numerous other tasks including household chores and professional commitments – phew! You may be so worn out that you aren’t left with enough brain cells to function!
2. Bedtime is the perfect time for kids to ask questions, request food, require additional bathroom breaks and need a new nightlight.
This funny quote for new parents also applies to second-time and third-time parents. No matter how experienced you are as a mommy, it’s hard to stop your little munchkins from coming up with reasons to stay awake! Goodbye to your sleeping on time or spending time with Daddy.
3. The only thing kids wear out faster than shoes is their parents.
This funny quote on parenting couldn’t be truer! In addition to your own work, you have to cook for your kids, feed them and clean the house. You also have to match up to their energy to keep them happy. Whew! Did you talk about finding me-time and all that you once did to relax?
4. My mom used to say it doesn’t matter how many kids you have… because one kid will take up 100% of your time so more kids can’t possibly take up more than 100% of your time.
If you think you can squeeze in more time for yourself, manage your work more efficiently and follow your hobbies, you’re highly mistaken. This funny quote about being a parent applies till the time children hit 18 or even older!
5. A baby changes your dinner party conversation from politics to poops.
This is one of the best parent quotes! You used to discuss politics, social issues and other intelligent topics at social gatherings. But now, all your conversations revolve around is your child’s behaviour, demands and concerns.
6. Being the parent of a new baby can quickly sap your strength and keep you wandering aimlessly in a land of not-enough-sleep.
Every mom (and dad) will agree with this parenting humour quote! You eagerly await the arrival of your baby and are super excited to bring him home. Little do you know how this tiny creature will keep you on your toes all day and night!
Do these funny quotes about parenthood ring true? Don’t laugh alone; pass them on to your friends and light a smile on their faces. Better still, share them with your parents too to remind them of the good old days when you were still young and drove them crazy!