The Japanese refer to friends as ‘Kenzoku’ which means ‘family’. No wonder friends are like chosen family who can lift our spirits and brighten our day. Good friends generally have common interests, spend time together, and share a bond that lasts forever. They can be your pillar of love and support, too. No words can sometimes express how we feel about our friends, but every once in a while, we cherish the bond and are grateful for the friends we have. And, one of the best ways to do that is by sharing a heartfelt friendship quote.
Best friend quotes and sayings are not just thought-provoking but priceless gems. They are reminders of the value of a friend in our lives. The care and support of good friends can improve our general health and bring about a balance in life. Just as great friendships are irreplaceable, great quotes throw light on the importance of nurturing, cherishing and celebrating this bond. Remember the story of Lion and the mouse from the moral book? They help each other during a difficult situation. Here is a handpicked list of the most exciting BFF quotes for kids that would inspire them to cultivate meaningful bonds with friends and help them to grow as happier individuals.
Best Friendship Quotes For Kids that Define True Friendship
Kids can make friends easily, especially with the kids they play. As they grow up, they meet new kids with whom they share common interests and exchange ideas. So whether you drift apart or move away from your childhood friends, you can never forget the memories that you’ve shared with them. Here are some of the best child friendship quotes that would help kids understand that having a “best friend” is one of life’s most precious gifts.
- “A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself.” – Jim Morrison.
- “Tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and to have her nonsense respected.”– Charles Lamb.
- “Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.”– Woodrow T. Wilson.
- “Friends are the angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.” – Lorraine K.Mitchell.
- “A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.” – Elbert Hubbard.
- “A true friend stabs you in the front, not the back.” – Oscar Wilde.
- “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.” – Hellen Keller.
- “You can always tell a real friend: when you’ve made a fool of yourself, he doesn’t feel you’ve done a permanent job.” – Laurence J. Peter.
- “Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?” – Abraham Lincoln.
- “My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.” – Henry Ford.
- “What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies.” – Aristotle.
- “No road is long with good company.” – Turkish proverb.
- “The only way to have a friend is to be one’ – Ralph Waldo Emerson.
- “Only your real friends tell you when your face is dirty.” – Sicilian Proverb.
- “A real friend is the one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” – Walter Winchell.
- “In a friend, you find a second self.” – Isabelle Norton.
- “Every gift from a friend is a wish for your happiness…” – Richard Bach.
- “Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love, aren’t we already there?” – Richard Bach.
- “Love is temporary, but friends are forever.” – Kelly Wheeler.
- “No man is useless while he has a friend.” – Robert Louis Stevenson.
- “Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.” – Anas Nin.
- “A friend is like an oreo, its not always that great, but it always gets better!” – Erin Westbrook.
- “A friend may well be reckoned the masterpiece of nature.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson.
- “My father always used to say that when you die, if you’ve got five real friends, then you’ve had a great life.” – Lee Iacocca.
- “Hold a true friend with both your hands.” – Nigerian Proverb.
- “A friend in need is a friend indeed.” – Latin Proverb.
- “The making of friends, who are real friends, is the best token we have of a man’s success in life.” – Edward Everett Hale.
- “Friendship without self-interest is one of the rare and beautiful things in life.” – James Francis Byrnes.
- “Where there are friends, there is wealth.” – Titus Maccius Plautus.
- “A true friend is the greatest of all blessings.” – Francois de La Rochefoucauld.
- “Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.” – Hellen Keller.
- “There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.” – Thomas Aquinas.
- “We didn’t realise we were making memories; we just knew we were having fun.” – Winnie the Pooh.
- “The distance cannot matter. Ours is a friendship of the heart.” – Mary Anne Radmacher.
- “Ten minutes with a genuine friend is better than years spent with anyone less.” – Crystal Woods.
- “If you have two friends in your lifetime, you’re lucky. If you have one good friend, you’re more than lucky.” – S.E. Hinton.
- “Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit.” – Aristotle.
- “Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.” – Woodrow T Wilson.
- “Friends are relatives you make for yourself.” – Eustache Deschamps.
- “Friendship is the golden thread that ties the heart of all the world.” – John Everyn.
- “Things are never quite scary when you’ve got a best friend.” – Bill Watterson.
- “Best friend: the one that you can be mad at only for a short period of time because you have important stuff to tell them.” – Unknown
- “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” – C.S. Lewis.
- “Some people go to priests. Others to poetry. I go to my friends.” – Virginia Woolf.
- “Don’t make friends who are comfortable to be with. Make friends who will force you to lever yourself up.” – Thomas J. Watson.
- “There are three things that grow more precious with age; old wood to burn, old books to read, and old friends to enjoy.” — Henry Ford.
- “The love that comes from friendship is the underlying facet of a happy life.” – Chelsea Handler.
- “Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.” – Albert Camus.
- “Never leave a friend behind. Friends are all we have to get us through this life, and they are the only things from this world that we could hope to see in the next.” — Dean Koontz.
- “A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.” – Arnold H Glasgow
Friendship is one thing which gets kids through life and makes them more understanding and caring about another person. It defines them and encourages them to become compassionate, reliable adults, and trustworthy; making their future way brighter and better. Encourage your kids to nurture this relationship and help them understand its importance to make their lives and their journey together special and beautiful.
Hope this short compilation of the best friendship quotes for pre-schoolers will assist children in believing that friendship is one of the greatest gifts of life. You can print them out, make creative artworks out of them, paint them out on a wall, maintain a diary of quotes, or decorate your child’s room with by writing them beautifully on the cupboards or walls. The more these quotes are visible for your child, the more he/she will be reminded of how important it is to have friends. However, one needs to invest time and effort in building great friendships that enrich our lives. Share these quotes with friends and make the journey of life more memorable.