In this Article
Do you feel trapped in somebody else’s not-so-great skin after delivery? The good news is that this is perfectly normal. In the first few months after childbirth, as you shape your life around your little one, both your skin and body may feel perpetually exhausted. Ensure to take care of your skin after delivery to keep it glowing with health.
Childbirth is a major milestone in your life. Right from your wardrobe to your skin – everything witnesses massive change. Finding time for taking care of your skin during this time can seem difficult. However, these simple and quick ways can help you bring skin care back into your jam-packed schedule.
How to Take Care of Skin after Delivery
- Clean your face at least twice a day with a mild cleanser.
- Use a water-based moisturizer after washing your face.
- Drink plenty of water. It stabilizes your hormones and cleanses your body of toxins.
- Use an eye cream to increase blood circulation around your eyes.
- Exfoliate at least once a week to remove dead skin. You can also make your own scrub at home by mixing olive oil and sugar.
- Use orange pulp to open up your pores and lighten your skin. Mash one whole orange and apply the pulp on your face for 15 minutes.
- Eat loads of green, leafy vegetables. They have all the vitamins and minerals your skin needs to stay healthy.
- Add olive oil, cocoa butter or castor oil to your skin care regime to reduce the visibility of stretch marks.
- Invariably use sun screen whenever you are stepping out in the sun, even if only to grab a pack of diapers from the store across the street.
- If possible, try to coordinate your sleep timing with that of your new born. This will let you catch up on much needed, uninterrupted sleep.
How to Reduce Pregnancy Stretch Marks after Delivery
- Regularly message your belly, thighs and chest with olive oil, vitamin E or castor oil.
- Aloe Vera Gel is known to help reduce stretch marks. It also instantly soothes and heals the skin.
- You can try applying egg whites on your stretch marks. This provides the skin with a high dose of protein which is essential for repair.
- Run lemon juice over your stretch marks. The acidic content heals and reduces stretch marks. Do this daily to see the desired results.
- Potato juice is another good option. Take the juice of a medium potato and let your skin soak it to visibly reduce your stretch marks over time.
How to Tighten Belly Skin after Pregnancy
It took nine months for your belly skin to accommodate your baby. Give it some time to return to its pre-pregnancy shape. However, you can speed up the process by knowing how to prevent sagging skin after pregnancy:
- Say no to diets. It is crucial to take proper nutrition to keep your baby and his mommy healthy!
- Breastfeeding is a big yes if you’re trying to lose weight. It converts the calories into milk, thus helping you burn those extra calories.
- Increase your protein intake. Collagen, a nutrient found in proteins, has skin-firming qualities.
- Use lotions rich in Vitamin E, C, K and A. Massage your skin with the lotions at least twice a day.
- Make exercise part of your life. Squats, sit-ups, brisk walking and abdominal exercises will help tighten your muscles.
- Once comfortable with exercising regularly, take up strength training.
While motherhood can be one of life’s choicest blessings, it is nevertheless a traumatic experience for your body. Skin care after pregnancy is as important as changing diapers. Be kind to your body and pamper it as much as you pamper your newborn baby – they both deserve your love.