Last Updated on
Navratan korma is also known as Vegetable Korma, which is rich and delicious. It is a vegetable side dish perfect with rotis, chapatis, and rice. As the name says, the curry is made of nine vegetables which are rich in nutrients and the whole species used in making this curry makes the dish tasty and yummy for your babies.
Navratan korma – is a simple, quick and easy, yet tasty recipe that can be made by adding all the ingredients in one go. You can add this yummy homemade baby food recipe to your kid’s diets. Now let’s see how to make the delicious Navratan korma quickly.
Cooking Method: Pressure Cook
Type of Meal: Vegetarian
Suitable For: Toddlers above 20 months of age
Meal Schedule: Lunch and Dinner.
Recipe Type: Side Dish
|Mixed Vegetables||1 large bowl ( Beans, Carrot, Potato, Green peas,)|
|Red Chilli powder (optional)||¼ tsp|
|Garam Masala||¼ tsp|
|Kasoori methi||A pinch|
|Salt||As per taste|
|Freshly grated coconut||¼ cup|
|Fennel Seeds||1 tsp|
|Fried Bengal gram||2 tbsp|
|Cumin Seeds||½ tsp|
As we have all our ingredients ready, we shall now see the procedure of making this excellent side dish step by step instruction.
- Take one bowl full of vegetables washed and cut into small pieces and keep it aside.
- Finely chop onion, tomatoes and green chillies. (optional)
- Chop the coriander and mint leaves roughly.
- Take all the ingredients given under “For Paste” in a mixer and grind it into a fine paste.
- Turn on the stove and heat the pressure cooker. Add oil and once it’s heated, add cumin seeds and bay leaf. Saute it for a min or two, then add onions. Fry them till they turn golden brown.
- Now add the tomatoes along with turmeric powder, red chilli powder (optional), and garam masala. Saute it well until the raw smell of the tomatoes goes off and becomes mushy.
- Add the vegetables, saute them well until the masala is coated nicely with the vegetables.
- Now add the ground paste and curd, mix it well.
- Finally, add salt as required. Add water and bring it to boil
- Pressure cook it for about two whistles. Once it is done, turn off the stove. Open the lid when the pressure is released, simmer until the gravy reaches a nice consistency.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves and 1 tbsp of ghee.
- Serve this tasty side dish with hot rotis/chapatis or even with rice
- You can also reduce the time by simply parboiling the vegetables
- Add the spices and chilly(optional) as per the kid’s preference.
- It is advisable not to add more tomatoes as it makes the dish tangy.
- You can also add some fresh cream which will act as a taste enhancer.
- Adding ghee at the end enhances the flavour of the dish, hence considered a must.
Nutrition Information (Per 100 Grams)
For this recipe, we have used vegetables like beans, carrot, potato, and green peas. By looking at the ingredients, we can understand how healthy and tasty this is for your kids. Let’s check them out in detail.
- Beans – this plant-based food rich in protein, fibre, magnesium, iron, potassium, and folate gives high amount of nutrients to your toddlers.
- Carrot – these are good sources of vitamins like vitamin K and vitamin B6. Also rich in fibre.
- Green Peas – This nutritious little vegetable is rich in protein, calcium, vitamin A and C, and Iron
- Potato – This can be used in the early diet of your baby, and it provides a decent amount of vitamins and minerals. It gives liver and skin protection, has the healing of skin burns, it improves gastrointestinal health in your baby. It also has antiviral properties.
- Onions – Rich in vitamins and helps in building WBC.
- Tomato – Good source of Lycopene, vitamin C and folic acid.
- Ghee – Rich source of energy for your kids, provides energy and stamina.
Here are some useful buying guides for making homemade Navratan korma for your baby.
- Pick up fresh and organic vegetables from the market.
- Choose verified, and 100% authentic ghee for your toddler.
Try this simple and delicious Navratan korma recipe for your baby and enjoy it.