Last Updated on
This is the easiest banana bread recipe. I have tried and tested so many versions. And this one comes out great every time. Recently, I have been trying out eggless versions and I have pleasantly surprised. In this version, I used olive oil. Though you can replace it with the same amount of melted butter. The sweetness from the bananas varies. Add a couple more bananas and avoid sugar for sugar-free banana bread.
Baking is a science. Therefore, don’t be afraid to add a few ingredients as an experiment to make it your own recipe.
The following is mine.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees.
- Take a large bowl and add 3 whole ripe bananas (a great way to use up those overripe bananas on the kitchen counter). Mash them up thoroughly.
- Add 1/2 cup oil (neutral oils do best like olive, sunflower, coconut), 1/2 cup of milk, 1/2 cup of sugar and a few drops of vanilla essence (optional).
- Whisk and mix them well.
- Keep a sieve on top of this bowl.
- Add a cup of whole wheat flour (you can use flour of your choice or availability), 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp cinnamon powder and 1 tsp salt.
- Sift and fold them into the wet ingredients.
- Add walnuts or any dry-fruits of your liking. This is optional.
- Do not overmix.
- Just cut and fold to incorporate the mixture.
- Grease a baking pan and pour the batter. Lightly tap.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Keep an eye on it. If the surface starts browning, cover it with aluminium foil and bake.
- Different ovens tend to cook in different time frames. The best way to ensure is to check the centre of the bread with a toothpick.
- Cool on a rack.
Best enjoyed with a glass of warm milk or a cup of tea. If you are feeling fancy, add a dollop of whipped cream or a side of ice-cream. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.