Spinach (Palak) Khichdi recipe for babies (one year or older)
- Spinach (palak)- 1 cup
- Potato- 1, chopped
- Tomato- 1, chopped
- Ghee- 1 tbsp.
- Rice- 1 tbsp.
- Red lentil (masoor dal)- 1 tbsp.
- Yellow lentil (moong dal)- 1 tbsp.
- Salt- to taste
- Cumin seeds (jeera)- 1/2 tsp.
- Garlic cloves- 2, minced
- Onion- 1/2, chopped
- Black pepper- to taste
- Mix the rice, red and yellow lentil in a bowl and wash this mixture thoroughly.
- In a pressure cooker, heat the ghee and add the cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds start crackling, add the chopped onion and garlic and cook them on medium-high flame till they are light brown in colour.
- Next, add the spinach and saute for 2 minutes. Add the tomato and potato and stir the ingredients for a few minutes.
- Add the rice and dal mixture in the cooker along with salt and pepper.
- Pour water as per your desired consistency and put the lid on the pressure cooker.
- Keeping the flame on high heat wait for one whistle, then lower the heat and wait for two whistles.
- Turn off the flame and wait for the steam to release on its own.
- After ten minutes, open the pressure cooker and mash it a bit to make it smooth. Your spinach khichdi is ready to be served.
Parents often worry about cooking and feeding their young kids. Spinach is highly beneficial for kids and must be included in their diet. It contains vitamins, potassium, and calcium, which helps in the development of children. Here are some benefits of spinach.
- Spinach is good for eyes and improves vision; therefore, it must be given to children.
- Young kids drink less water than adults. Spinach helps in this case because of its high water content. It also helps prevent dehydration.
- Spinach boosts the immunity in children and protects them against infections and diseases.
- Spinach also strengthens bones and prevents bone-related problems. Hence, it is beneficial for kids.
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.