Oats are delicious and healthy for kids. Here is a simple oats recipe for 1-2-year-old babies.
Oil/ desi ghee -1/2tsp
Mustard seed – 1/4 tsp
Ginger-garlic paste – 1/4 tsp
Salt – As per your taste
Red chilli powder – a pinch
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Oats – 1/4 cup
Shredded carrot- 1 tbsp
Boneless chicken – small piece diced
Tomato – 1/2 (diced)
Coriander leaves finely chopped – 1/2 tsp
1. Heat oil in a pan on medium flame.
2. Add mustard seeds ( you can also add cumin seeds or chopped onions, alternatively) to the oil.
3. Add ginger-garlic paste to it when the mustard seeds start crackling (or till onions get translucent)
4. Add diced chicken and stir fry for about 2 – 3 minutes.
5. Add grated carrots and diced tomatoes to the pan.
6. Keep stirring continuously, so that it does not stick to the pan and burn.
7. Then, add oats to it and mix thoroughly.
8. Add salt, turmeric and red chilli powder (you can also substitute it with black pepper powder. Adding these spices in very little amount develop taste in kids) to it and add a cup of water, then cover and cook on low flame for about 7 – 8 minutes.
9. Check if the chicken is nice and tender, and then add coriander leaves to it.
And there you have it! Your baby’s healthy food is ready!
Note: You can also grind this into a fine paste after it cools down a bit, if your child does not like to get chunks in his bite.
Also, maintain the consistency of the oats depending upon your child. Many other vegetables can also be added to keep a variation, as kids usually get bored with the repeated taste. Diced Potatoes, finely sliced cabbage, spinach leaves can also be added to it.
Oats are one of the healthiest food you can introduce in your child’s diet. Try this recipe, and you’re sure to no longer have any fussy mealtimes.
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.