Last Updated on
Today, I am going to share my wonderful journey from being a housewife to a woman entrepreneur. I am a stay-at-home mom who runs a business from home. After my post-graduation, I was happily married. A year later, we were blessed with a beautiful daughter. This was the turning point in my life.
The urge of being financially independent and, at the same time, taking care of my family has driven me to this point. Marriage and motherhood, both are beautiful as well as tough journeys. A road filled with hustle and wonderful experiences. This made me realise how important it is to stay busy, as “an idle mind is the devil’s workshop”.
After facing various complications in my pregnancy, I gave birth to a premature baby girl weighing only 2.36 kg. Lactation was another issue for me, my doctor advised me to breastfeed her every two hours to improve lactation. She was kept on exclusive breastfeeding for six months and she needed my utmost care and love.
I decided to do an online job, so I could be financially independent and, at the same time, take care of my family. After going through various websites on ‘ jobs for stay-at-home moms’, I decided to be an entrepreneur. A woman can balance her professional as well as personal life. Success is not an overnight journey. It requires immense patience and hard work. There are various career options for a stay-at-home mom.
- Blogger (you can start a mom blog, beauty blog, health blog, or anything you are interested in and share it with the world. You start earning once you gain substantial traffic)
- YouTuber (share your hobbies like cooking, stitching etc. As your subscriber count increases or reach the target, you will be paid accordingly )
- Tutor (online teaching can be a good option)
- Event Organisers ( organise small parties like birthday parties, weddings, etc.)
- Content Writers (there are plenty of opportunities for online content writers)
I was a primary school teacher and after my wedding, I discontinued teaching because I was unable to give sufficient time to my family. You can choose your career according to your own flexibility, passion and strength.
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.