Last Updated on
It was the last trimester of my pregnancy, when my mother suggested me to start drinking Jeera Pani (Cumin water). She advised me to drink lukewarm Jeera water on an empty stomach to promote lactation.
However, I didn’t know that those tiny Cumin seeds present in every kitchen are loaded with so many health benefits.
Benefits Of Jeera Water
- Boosts Immunity: Jeera is loaded with lots of Iron and dietary fibres. It boosts your immunity and helps in smooth functioning of your immune system.
- Promotes Lactation In Pregnant Women: Jeera water helps in secretion of milk from mammary gland therefore it is advised to have Jeera water to promote lactation in pregnant women and new moms.
- Improves Digestion During Pregnancy: Jeera water helps you to get rid of acidity and constipation during pregnancy. It also prevents bloating during pregnancy by stimulating digestive enzymes and thus keep your gut happy and healthy.
- Treats Anemia: Iron is one of the most vital minerals for growth and development of your little one. Unfortunately, most women suffer from its deficiency during pregnancy. Jeera water is a very good source of Iron and so you can drink this to treat Anemia during pregnancy.
- Rejuvenates Your Skin: Cumin has high amounts of Potassium, Calcium, Selenium, Copper and Manganese. It helps in getting that glow you have always wanted. It rejuvenates your skin keeping it soft, smooth and supple.
- Healthy Hair: Cumin seeds contain all those vital minerals required for healthy hair. It promotes hair growth and helps in fighting hair thinning and hair loss post pregnancy.
- Regulates Blood Pressure: Cumin seeds are rich in Potassium and Manganese which helps in the smooth functioning of your heart, thus regulating your blood pressure during pregnancy.
- Treats Diabetes: Cumin seeds helps in production of Insulin in our body. If consumed on an empty stomach, Jeera water can treat Diabetes too.
How To Prepare Jeera Water
- Take a glass of water in a pan, heat the water and add 1 teaspoon of Jeera in it.
- Wait a while until the water begins to boil.
- Switch off the flame after it boils and enjoy lukewarm Jeera water.
Best Time To Drink
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.