Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.
Make the Most of Your Partner Being Home During the Lockdown!
Since the lockdown, I am seeing my hubby 24*7. Sometimes it’s good, but some days, it just get on my nerves. But now, we have learned to work as a team! Here are some tips to offload your work:
1. Cooking: It’s not just my job to cook. Even I like to sit and relax on the sofa or take a nap! My husband gives me relief in that. He cooks on the weekend and makes some lip smacking dishes.
2. Feeding the baby: It is the most tough job to feed your 1-year-old kid. But my hubby helps me out with that. Whenever he is free, he feeds the baby with utmost patience and love (even though it’s me who forces him to do so!).
3. Teaching the kids: When I am teaching my child, I lose my patience after a certain point. So, my husband takes charge and clears her concepts and also narrates stories. It is such a relief, I tell you!
4. Keeping track: It is very important after the lockdown that, not just me, but my also hubby, keeps track of the food stock, veggies, baby food and other supplies. We worry together if something goes out of stock. Next agenda is to just refill ASAP.
5. Friends for kids: My hubby takes time out from his hectic schedule and devotes time to play with both our kids. And they enjoy his company! Honestly, he is doing a fab job as a parent, sometimes better than me!
Men can also do home work well. It’s just about reaching that moment when they realise it’s not only the woman’s job to look after the home and kids! And there is no book or law that can force us to do everything alone. It requires efforts from both sides to run everything smoothly during such tough times.
So, enjoy this phase and share the work with your partner. Happy Quarantine!