In this Article
Last Updated on
Pregnancy is a beautiful phase because it gives a woman the joy and fulfilment which comes from bringing a new life into the world. When a woman gets pregnant, her body goes through a lot of changes. Emotional changes too leave a lasting impact on a woman’s life and alter her perspective. It is through these nine months that a woman develops patience, understanding, fortitude and courage she needs to give birth. If you are pregnant, no doubt, you must be overjoyed, but at the same time, you will be stressed too! While pregnant, it is important that you stay happy and do not stress. And to stay calm and positive, you should do everything that makes you happy and read positive words. So, we bring you some inspirational and funny quotes on pregnancy. Read on!
Some Quotes on Pregnancy That Will Help You Stay Positive
Pregnancy can often be a trying time because of the twinges, pain and discomfiture that accompany it. It is not easy to see yourself put on weight and have a protruding belly, and it is but natural to feel depressed or tired at times. But it is especially at times like these when a gentle reminder about the gift of pregnancy will come in handy to save you from anxiety. Expecting mothers need to celebrate pregnancy, and a wonderful way to do this is to seek constant motivation and positivity from maternity quotes and sayings.
In addition to having pictures of adorable babies taped to walls or framed as photos, it is a good idea to have a few inspiring words or quotes printed out and pinned to a board. Here are a few quotes to keep you positive and happy.
- “You are the closest I will ever come to magic.” – Suzanne Finnamore
- “No matter how bad my day’s been, it takes one little kick to make everything feel alright.” – Author Unknown
- “It is the most powerful creation to have life growing inside of you. There is no bigger gift.” – Beyoncé
- “A baby is God’s opinion that life should go on.” – Carl Sandburg
- “A new baby is like the beginning of all things – wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.” – Eda LeShan
- “In giving birth to our babies, we may find that we give birth to new possibilities within ourselves.” –Myla and Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “Truthfully, being pregnant is changing me as a person. Each day is part of this amazing journey that has completely shifted the focus of my life and made me re-evaluate my personal and professional goals.” – Holly Madison
- “Babies are bits of star-dust blown from the hand of God. Lucky is the woman who knows the pangs of birth for she has held a star.” – Larry Barretto
“In pregnancy, there are two bodies, one inside the other. Two people live under one skin. When so much of life is dedicated to maintaining our integrity as distinct beings, this bodily tandem is an uncanny fact.” – Joan Raphael-Leff
Maternity Quotes and Sayings
You can write your own positive affirmations, or you can read inspiring and cute quotes on pregnancy. This is a powerful exercise that will surely keep you motivated and positive throughout the nine months. Here is a list of some sweet pregnancy quotes which are sure to motivate a mommy-to-be.
- “The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. And so in you, the child, your mother lives on and through your family continues to live… so at this time look after yourself and your family as you would your mother for through you all she will truly never die.” – Osho
- “A mother does not become pregnant in order to provide employment to medical people. Giving birth is an ecstatic jubilant adventure not available to males. It is a woman’s crowning creative experience of a lifetime.” – John Stevenson
- “Giving birth and being born brings us into the essence of creation, where the human spirit is courageous and bold and the body, a miracle of wisdom.” – Harriette Hartigan
- “To be pregnant is to be vitally alive, thoroughly woman, and distressingly inhabited. Soul and spirit are stretched – along with body – making pregnancy a time of transition, growth, and profound beginnings.” – Anne Christian Buchanan
- “A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years, and in your heart until the day you die.” – Mary Mason
Top Inspirational Quotes About Pregnancy
Another way to be happy through the turbulent times during pregnancy is to have a positive perspective. We know it is easier said than done, but it is necessary to stay motivated. Here are some motivational quotes for pregnant women from a mother –
- “When pregnant with our first, Dean and I attended a childbirth class. There were about 15 other couples, all 6-8 months pregnant, just like us. As an introduction, the teacher asked us to share what had been our favourite part of pregnancy and the least favourite part. I was surprised by how many of the men and women there couldn’t name a favourite part. When it was my turn, I said, “My least favourite has been nausea, and my favourite is the belly.” – Shannon Hale
- “Think of stretch marks as pregnancy service stripes.” – Joyce Armor
- “Birthing is the most profound initiation to spirituality a woman can have.” – Robin Lim
- “Let us make pregnancy an occasion when we appreciate our female bodies.” – Merete Leonhardt-Lupa
Funny Quotes About Pregnancy
Humour and laughter are wonderful companions for an expecting woman, so keeping a list of funny quotes at hand can do a lot to smooth out the frown and worry lines that often get etched on your glowing face. Laughter is the best medicine, so on days when you need a generous dose of it, you can read these funny quotes on pregnancy.
- “My mother groaned, my father wept, into the dangerous world I leapt.” – William Blake
- “There is a sanctity involved with bringing a child into this world, it is better than bombing one out of it.” – James Baldwin
- “Life is always a rich and steady time when you are waiting for something to happen or to hatch.” – E.B. White, Charlotte’s Web
- “Everything grows rounder and wider and weirder, and I sit here in the middle of it all and wonder who in the world you will turn out to be.” – Carrie Fisher
- “Whether your pregnancy was meticulously planned, medically coaxed, or happened by surprise, one thing is certain – your life will never be the same.” – Catherine Jones
- “People always say that pregnant women have a glow. And I say it’s because you’re sweating to death.” – Jessica Simpson
- “I’m never as happy as when I’m pregnant. I literally would have 10 babies if I could!” – Tori Spelling
- “That first pregnancy is a long sea journey to a country where you don’t know the language, where land is in sight for such a long time that after a while it’s just the horizon – and then one day birds wheel over that dark shape and it’s suddenly close, and all you can do is hope like hell that you’ve had the right shots.” – Emily Perkins
- “Of course I can do this. I’m pregnant, not brain-damaged. My condition doesn’t change my personality.” – Christine Feehan
- “Feeling fat lasts nine months but the joy of becoming a mom lasts forever.” – Nikki Dalton
- “Pregnancy is getting company inside one’s skin.” – Maggie Scarf
Some Quotes for a Pregnant Wife
If you are an expectant father feeling left out of the birthing process, you can do your bit by sharing quotes with your pregnant wife. Be the wind which helps her sail through this journey of pregnancy easily.
- “Sometimes when you pick up your child, you can feel the map of your own bones beneath your hands, or smell the scent of your skin in the nape of his neck. This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood – finding a piece of yourself separate and apart from that all the same, you could not live without.” – Jodi Picoult
- “Pregnant women! They had that weird frisson, an aura of magic that combined awkwardly with an earthy sense of duty. Mundane, because they were nothing unique on the suburban streets; ethereal because their attention was ever somewhere else. Whatever you said was trivial. And they had that preciousness which they imposed wherever they went, compelling attention, constantly reminding you that they carried the future inside, its contours already drawn, but veiled, private, an inner secret. – Ruth Morgan
- “If I had my life to live over, instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I’d have cherished every moment and realised that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.” – Erma Bombeck
- “Pregnancy is a process that invites you to surrender to the unseen force behind all life.” – Judy Ford
- “Making a decision to have a child–it’s momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” – Elizabeth Stone
Pregnancy is often accompanied by mood swings and cravings and can be a difficult time for you as well as your family. The hormonal changes can be daunting, and it is normal for you to feel tired and stressed. But you can always read all good things about pregnancy to cheer yourself up. Reading these quotes or about positive experiences of other moms are guaranteed to uplift your mood and give you the strength to overcome pain and prepare for motherhood. Read on these positive quotes and have a happy pregnancy!