Fathers play critical roles in children’s development and well-being. They are the pillars of support, strength and discipline that guides kids to walk on the right path. Fathers not only provide economic support but act as role models who make a huge impact on the social behaviour and outlook of children. Not everyone gets the chance to spend their entire lifetime with their fathers. Losing the father is one of the most emotionally difficult human experience. It is traumatic and alters kids of any age psychologically. While it’s hard to measure the influence of a father, it’s even more agonising to articulate what it looks like to lose him. As you hold on to the streams of nostalgia and memories of your father, it is important to cry your heart out and give your pain a release. Words are known to be great healers and bearers of hope that help us to overcome the tragedies of life. Here are some of the most sympathetic messages that can be quite comforting for someone who is grieving the loss of their father.
Miss You Messages for Dads
Often, when the fathers are away from kids, or when they lose them, kids find themselves buried in a cloud of emotion and regret. Instead, kids must acknowledge the realities of life, cherish their precious memories and appreciate their fathers’ contribution to their lives. Read on for some of the warmest messages that would sum up your feelings for your beloved father.
- You may not be with me anymore, but I love you forever. I miss you, Dad.
- Not a day goes by when I don’t think about you. I wish you were here with me to guide me through my life.
- The day I lost you, I lost a friend, philosopher, and guide who I looked up to, dear father!
- Those we love never truly leave us. Death simply cannot touch my everlasting love for you. Missing You, Dad!
- I wish I could get to hug you, hold you tight and never let you go. I miss you, dad.
Miss You Messages for Dads Who Have Passed Away
The bond between kids and their fathers is profound and everlasting. Hence, the loss of a father is one of the most poignant experience for a child. Express your love for your father through one of these quotes:
- I may not have been the best son, but you were the best father and role model to me. Rest in peace, dad.
- You’re the greatest gift that God gave me but recalled it back to heaven.
- Sometimes, I wish you came back to me, but I don’t want you to suffer again. May your soul rest in peace. Love and miss you always!
- Hey dad, just wanted to tell you that I miss you bad. Until we meet again!
- I don’t look up to the night sky anymore as destiny has taken away the brightest star of my life. I miss you a lot.
- Even if I grow up, I will always be my daddy’s little princess. I miss you, dad.
- No matter where I go, you will always be my living superhero. Miss You.
- To me, the name of my father is another name for love, strength, and happiness.
- You’re the most perfect dad, my best friend, and mentor. I miss you all the time.
- I wish I could just turn back time and live out every single day of my childhood. Dad, I miss you.
I Miss My Dad Poems
Tributes for a father are always hard to express during a funeral. Sometimes, a poem for a dad who passed away can make the task of eulogizing a little bit easier. These carefully compiled quotes about missing your dad will help you find strength while you condole your father’s death.
1. ‘A Great Soul’
“A great soul
serves everyone around
all the time.
A great soul
It just brings us together
again and again.”
2. My Daddy, My Hero
My Daddy was a soldier,
but people said he was a hero
who fought to protect us all.
My Daddy is my hero
who taught me to play ball,
caught me when I would fall,
and made me feel not so small.
3. Life is like a fruit
To be squeezed to its last drop,
To love and to be loved a lot.
There is no reason to stop.
Life is a dessert,
To be cherished all the way.
I realised all of this,
Only after you passed away.
There is no time to wait and waste,
In a life so sweet and beautiful.
It is a regret that it took,
Your death to teach this,
That was not written in any book.
I miss you.
4. For a Strong Dad
Strong to the very end
my dad was my best friend
always ready to help
He fiercely loved his family.
He stood tall and sure
He helped me mature
His strength and his warm love for me
will always be a part of his legacy.
Comforting Miss You Dad Quotes
Whether you’re building a memorial shadow box filled with sentimental keepsakes or capturing fond memories in a photo album, these comforting miss you dad quotes will surely help you remember your father fondly and honour his soul.
- Even if you’re gone, I can feel your presence in my life every single day. I miss you, father.
- I wish I could prove to the whole world how much I love you. You may not be here anymore, but you shall be missed forever.
- Life is not the same as before without you. However, we are trying hard to be strong again so that you can be proud of us.
- I know you’re happy in heaven, but I still miss you every day of my life.
- Even if we’re mourning, your death is a celebration as you made my life nothing short of one.
- I shall not immortalise you in the stars or remember you through a poem. I will keep you safely in my heart so that you stay with me in every way.
- Your life might have ended, but the legacy of your wisdom, integrity and courage will go on forever. I miss you, dad.
- Even after so many years, all I can think of are the sweet memories spent with you, dear dad. I miss you so much.
- Thanks for giving us so much love and teaching us the right principles of life. Love you, dad!
- How lucky am I to have had a father as special as you. Love and miss you all the time.
When one recites beautiful quotes to pay tribute to their father, they are actually reciting the beliefs and goals drawn out by their dad. These quotes and poems will help you keep your father alive in your own way.