Last Updated on
Every child needs to eat healthily and grow healthy. For this purpose, cereals and pulses have a significant role to play in thier eating habits. Today, we share a recipe that constitutes all the nutrition possible for your child to develop immunity. Read on to find out…
This recipe constitutes of –
- Ragi or finger millet is rich in potassium and calcium, the best energy source for your child.
- Almonds and cumin have significant uses in increasing the memory of children.
- Wheat and groundnuts or peanuts are best for digestion because it has more fiber contents.
- Green gram and Bengal gram have properties to improve skin and are also great for healthy body weight.
One can give this recipe to babies who are six months and above.
- Finger millet 1/2 kg
- Wheat 1/4 kg
- Almonds 100 grams
- Groundnuts 100 grams
- Fenugreek seeds half tablespoon
- Cumin 50 grams
- Rice 2 tablespoon
- Green gram 50 grams
- Bengal gram dal 50 grams
- Wash, soak, dry and make the finger millet sprout
- Dry roast the rest of the ingredients one by one
- Make sure you don’t burn them
- Roast finger millet until it splutters
- Mix all of them into a large bowl
- Let it sit for 15 minutes
- Make a fine powder of these
- Store in an airtight container
- For half cup of water, You need two spoons of powder.
- Mix powder well with water and desired amount of salt before you keep it on the flame (you can add jaggery for alternative days instead of salt so that babies get a different taste)
- Turn on the flame and make this concoction boil for about 2 minutes
- Make sure there are no lumps
- Add ghee at last and turn off the flame.