Last Updated on
If you are looking for a healthy chicken dish for your toddler, I have a simple recipe for you. How about you make light chicken soup? Light chicken soup is healthy and tastes delicious, and your little one will enjoy it! Here’s how you can make light chicken soup.
- 4 pieces of chicken
- 2 tsp of curd
- 3/4 tsp of ginger garlic paste
- A pinch of black pepper powder
- Half a tsp of lemon juice
- 1-2 cloves
- 1 green cardamom pod
- 1/2 an inch of cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup of vegetable of your choice ( carrot, beans, potato and beetroot)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 tomato (sliced)
- 1 1/2 tsp ghee
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of turmeric
1. Wash the chicken properly and place it in a bowl and pour the lemon juice on it. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
2. After 10 minutes, wash the chicken and place in a bowl. Add in the curd, ginger-garlic paste, and black pepper powder.
3. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
4. In a mixed, grind the tomato slices and diced onions to get a smooth paste.
5. Heat a pressure cooker and add one and a half tsp of ghee to it.
6. Add in the cloves, cardamom, cinnamon stick, and bay leaf.
7. Place a lid on top, allowing it to cook.
8. After 20 seconds, add in the onion-tomato paste.
9. Mix it properly until the mixture leaves oil.
10. Add a pinch of turmeric powder and salt.
11. Add in the chicken and mix it properly until it turns tender. Your chicken should be cooked well by 4-5 minutes.
12. Add vegetables and cook for about half a minute.
13. Add one and a half cup of water and cook on high flame up to 4 whistles.
14. Once cooked, garnish with black pepper powder.
15. Serve with chapati, rice, or just the soup.
1. Lemon juice will help in removing the raw odour of the chicken.
2. If your baby is under 1 year of age, then limit the amount of ginger-garlic paste used.
3. Some babies are allergic to black pepper powder, so when making this chicken soup recipe for your little one, ensure that your baby is not allergic to it.
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.