Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.
How to Make Travel Easy With a Toddler During COVID-19
I had to travel with my 18-month-old kid from my home town to Bangalore after the COVID-19 lockdown opened. I was very sceptical and anxious as travelling alone with a baby could be a task. Also making kids wear a mask and maintain social distancing or not touching things or surfaces around is difficult. But, I finally did so by following certain measures which I would like to share:
- I made a mask from my child’s old t-shirt and vest which he liked wearing. And I made him wear it at home for practice.
- Make your child practise washing hands and using a sanitizer.
- Keep a few rough cloth pieces or tissues for your child to wipe his hands, face or nose.
- Keep a bottle of sanitizing spray which you can use on chairs at the airport and also on plane seats and handles.
- Feed your baby before boarding the plane so that he remains full for another 2-3 hours so as to avoid feeding solid food in plane. Of course, milk can be fed in the plane.
- Make him wear warm but comfortable clothes.
- As it is summer, you can use a pair of socks as gloves to cover your child’s hand.
- Keep necessary medicines handy and also buy few for future use as one has to go for home quarantine for 2 weeks.
- Keep a dress change for the child as well as for yourself which you can change after deboarding the flight.
- You can also use a raincoat as PPE to cover your child’s body or clothes.
- Keep your child’s favourite toy with you or download his favourite songs and poems on the phone to keep him busy throughout the flight.
- Do web check-in, install the Arogya Setu app and fulfil the commandments of the state you are travelling to so that you have a hassle-free airport experience.
- Keep other travelling essentials handy like diapers, wipes, water, snacks etc.
I hope this will help many anxious mothers like me who are scared to travel with their infants or toddlers.