How to Build Understanding for English in Kids
Hello, everyone! It is said that whatever we see or hear affects our lives without our knowledge. And, if we consider our journey from childhood to the present, it appears that we have learned everything from our environment, including our parents, family, school, and neighbourhood. The same is true for small children who are still growing.
Here are some excellent methods for teaching children English or other second languages:
- The second language is one that is often not spoken by family members; in this case, we will be discussing English.
- Since development begins in the womb, we should not wait until the appropriate time to teach children English.
- Use both languages when speaking to the child, one that he understands and the other you are attempting to teach.
- We must create a suitable setting for language development in children other than their mother tongue.
- Read English stories to your child and then translate them into your mother tongue. This will help them grasp the existence of other terms in other languages.
- Use suitable language when interacting with children.
- If we are in an environment where other speakers speak the target language, it is easier to learn the target language. If other speakers speak the first language, parents must keep their children occupied with deep discussion in English.
- The interval between the ages of two and six years is critical for language learning. Hence a suitable environment should be given for the young learner.
According to child development theories, children learn a language quickly during early childhood (2-6) since there is no misunderstanding with grammar rules at this age because they understand everything as if they don’t know anything, which is why children find learning a new language so simple.
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.