Last Updated on
A connection between oral health and overall health is truly something that you have to believe. Maintaining healthy teeth takes a lifetime of care. Well, taking care of your kids’ oral health is something more challenging. However, making them habituated to follow a good oral hygiene routine is all in your hands.
Let’s have a look at some basic and simple tips on this:
1. Making a habit of brushing twice in a day and in a proper way is the very first step of oral health.
2. Make sure your kiddo drinks plenty of water. You can buy attractive mugs, tumblers for them so that they love to drink from it.
3. Do not forget the mantra of giving the right food in the right way to them. Add fresh vegetables, crunchy fruits, dairy products in their diet plan by limiting the sugary food items.
4. Last but not least, guide them on properly chewing the food to improve their digestion.
Along with the above oral routine, visiting a dentist once in a month is vital.
What are the complications of poor oral health?
- Cavities: One of the common causes of cavities among children is bad food habits. It not only decays the tooth but also affects their speech delivery.
- Gum Disease: Periodontal disease causes loss of teeth and other infections if it remains untreated. Besides this, several health problems such as diabetes, heart complications, stroke, and respiratory issues can occur due to gum disease.
- Bad breath: Due to bacterial growth, persistent bad breath is the other serious issue.
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.