Here’s the Recipe for Homemade Cerelac for Your Baby
I am sharing the recipe for homemade cerelac with you all. This recipe is for all those moms out there who don’t like to give their child store-bought cerelac and other foods. Store-bought foods contain preservatives and chemicals which may or may not suit small babies. If your baby is between the ages of 6 and 8 months, i.e., when you introduce solid foods to him, you should prefer giving homemade food to him. The recipe of homemade cerelac that I am sharing with you is healthy and nutritious. You can make cerelac at home in no time and it will also help your baby gain healthy weight.
When you introduce homemade cerelac to your baby, I would suggest that initially, you make it with minimum ingredients (as mentioned below). Later, you can add more ingredients as per your choice.
Here is a Simple Recipe of Homemade Cerelac
- 1 cup of rice
- 2 teaspoons of moong dal
- 2 teaspoons of toor dal
- 8 almonds
How to Make the Powder
- Take all the above ingredients in a bowl and wash them properly.
- Drain the water and let the ingredients dry.
- Heat a pan and roast all the dry ingredients in it slightly. Make sure that you don’t overcook or burn the ingredients.
- Transfer the roasted ingredients on a clean plate or bowl and allow them to cool.
- Take all the above ingredients in a blender and blend to make a fine mixture.
- Store the cerelac powder in an airtight container.
- Your homemade cerelac is ready. You can also add other ingredients like ragi, chana dal, corn, cashew nuts, peanuts, jowar, etc later once your baby starts eating solids.
Please note that while making homemade cerelac, use clean and dry utensils because if you don’t then the powder might get spoiled.
When making cerelac for your baby, here’s what you will need to do –
- Add 1 tablespoon of the prepared powder in a cup of normal water.
- Stir it well to avoid lumps.
- Add a pinch of salt, and boil the mixture.
- Continue stirring it until you get a fine paste. Add more water if required.
- Allow it to cool for some time. Check the temperature, then feed it to your baby.
This homemade cerelac mix is quite versatile. You can also add sugar and milk to make sweet homemade cerelac. So, this was the recipe of homemade cerelac. Try it out and feed healthy food to your baby.
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.