Healthy Weight Gain during Pregnancy – Tips to Maintain the Required Weight
Pregnancy brings in a lot of changes in the whole body. The most noticeable one being weight gain!! But do remember, weight gain is important for the nourishment and overall health of your baby.
You Can Help Put on the Right Amount of Weight By:
- Eating a healthy and nutritious diet
- Doing some regular moderate exercises (You could also manage weight by just going for regular walks.. that’s what I did ?)
- Avoid fatty, sugary and processed foods
- Eat small meals every day, in a gap of 3 hours.
- Have snacks such as nuts, raisins, dry fruits or yoghurt.
- Include fruits in your diet. (Pregnancy actually helped me have a lot of fruits, because I wanted to eat healthy whenever I was hungry)
- You can also add ghee, butter and cheese in your diet, but in moderate quantity. Everything in moderation is helpful, an overdose of anything will harm your body.
- Avoid foods with excess oil, as they will add calories and fat, which will increase your weight.
- It is indeed very tempting to have cakes, cookies, ice cream, donuts, etc. during pregnancy, but you should avoid them or eat only in moderation (I have a habit of having a small dessert or sweet after lunch and dinner, but I have it in moderation).
Just enjoy your pregnancy! This is the only time when you don’t need to think too much about your weight gain, because you are tempted to eat a lot of fats and sweets. Just eat everything in moderation, and you will stay healthy. And do moderate exercises or go for walks to keep a check on your weight and boost stamina.And the most important thing.. don’t criticise yourself for gaining too much weight. Remember there is a beautiful life growing inside you. ?
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.