A Few Tips to Increase Breast Milk Supply for New Moms!
New moms are always worried about the flow of their breast milk. Don’t worry – it is a common concern among new mothers! Here are some important tips to ensure good flow of breast milk, which include certain essential foods:
1. Fenugreek: Add fenugreek (methi) to your diet. It is a rich source for breast milk.
2. Oatmeal: You can have oats or dalia for breakfast. Whole grain foods are good to increase breast milk supply.
3. Fennel seeds: You can take fennel seeds in the morning or evening with water.
4. Garlic: Add more garlic to your food. Garlic is a good source for breast milk.
5. A lot of water: Stay hydrated. It is also good for your skin. Have lot of fluids. Take 3 – 4 litre of water per day, and add extra fluids in your diet. You can take coconut water, milk, or juice.
6. Get proper rest: Your body has gone through a big change. Pamper it. Take proper rest. Sleep for 8 hours a day at least.
7.Eat a well-balanced diet.
8. Nurse often and on demand.
9. Let your baby feed fully on each side.
10. Don’t forget to take your vitamins provided by your doctor. Take them for at least 3 months.
11.Add lean meat and poultry to your meals.
12. You can also take shatavari with milk two times a day.
13. Avoid stress. This is the most important thing for your health. Feed your baby with love and affection. Don’t take any kind of stress.
At the end, the most important thing is your diet. Eat a proper balanced diet with a lot of fruits, green vegetables, milk, juices, etc. Feed your baby on demand, because the more we breastfeed, the more the milk will be produced. However, if you are still uncertain about your milk supply, consult a lactation specialist to discuss your concerns.
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.