Last Updated on
As we all know, Coronavirus is spreading all across countries, and every country is striving hard to fight against this deadly virus. You must have heard that prevention is better than cure. While there is no specific medicine for Covid-19 as of now, it will be good to take preventive measures which will boost our immunity in these tough times.
Most of you are already aware of washing hands, using masks, staying at home, following social distancing and taking extra care of the elderly and the kids. Also, staying safe from fomites by cleaning the packets/packages, and washing food items, including fruits and vegetables thoroughly. Along with this, the only way to stay safe through this crisis is by building your immunity. And, these measures can help stay healthy.
- Keep sipping warm liquids throughout the day.
- Start doing physical exercise at least 30 mins a day.
- Add turmeric, cumin, black pepper, garlic and coriander in your recipes.
- Have half teaspoon turmeric powder in 150 ml of milk once or twice a day.
- Have chawanprash in the morning (5 to 10 gms). Diabetics can take sugar-free chawanprash.
- Drink herbal tea or a decoction made with tulsi, cinnamon, shunthi (dry ginger), black pepper and raisins once or twice a day. Add jaggery or lemon juice to it to give it some sweetness.
- Apply mustard oil, sesame oil, or ghee in on the nostrils daily in the morning and evening.
- Steam inhalation with ajwain seeds for 10 mins.
- Even oil pulling therapy with coconut oil or sesame oil can be done. Don’t drink just swish the oil in the mouth for two to three minutes and then spit and rinse the mouth with warm water. Do it once or twice a day.
- If you have a sore throat, gargle with saline water.
- Take a pinch of turmeric, Lavangadi Vati or lavang (clove) powder and mix it with half a teaspoon of honey. Take this mixture twice or thrice a day.
Ayurveda’s immunity boosting remedies can help you stay healthy and fight most health issues as you take all the measures to prevent Covid-19.
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.