Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.
Awesome Board Books for Toddlers That Can Help in Kids’ Development
“Books give a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything” – Plato.
Someone rightly said a learned child can have a bright future and an impact on society as they grow. Reading books has its own benefit to an individual and introducing books at a very early age is one of the best gifts you can give to your child. There are lots of benefits when it comes to early reading for your child. Here are some of them:
- Development of Communication Skills: When children start to read, they are exposed to different words, and every word has a different meaning in a different context. Reading helps the child develop communication skills.
- Development of Vocabulary: Reading helps develop vocabulary as children are introduced to new words. This will help them understand the use of the right word in the right context from a very early age.
- Brain Development: Reading is like exercise to the mind. Reading at an early age helps kids gain more knowledge. Reading makes children smarter.
These are few benefits of reading, but the question arises what kind of books a child should read. There are amazing board books that you can buy for your child. They are as follows:
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar By Eric Carle: This book is one of the best board books to introduce to your child. This book is illustrated and written by Eric Carle. The concept of transformation and representation in it is fun and colourful.
- Dear Zoo By Rod Campbell: Another book which is a very popular board book among parents and toddlers. This classic lift the flap book makes it perfect for small hands.
- Peek-a-Who by Nina Laden: This is a small-sized, colourful book with simple rhyming text that is perfect for your curious toddler. It’s an amazing book for a bedtime story.
- Good Night Moon by Margret Wise Brown: This bedtime storybook gives a smooth transition from wakefulness to sleep. In this book, the rhyming of words and beautiful illustration makes it a perfect bedtime story.
- Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes By Mex Fox: The beautiful illustration and rhyming text make this book one of a kind. After you finish reading the book, you want to read it for your child again.
- Where is Amma? By Nandini Nayyar: The is one of the best bedtime storybooks for kids! Its illustration and the projection of a messy house is beautiful. It is relatable to kids as the story is about a child looking for his mother everywhere.
- The Very Lonely Firefly By Eric Carle: This book is every child’s favourite as it is not just because of the story, but the board version has the flashlight at the end. This story is such that a child can connect to easily.
You can buy these books online. If you have any further queries, please feel free to ask in the comment section.