Last Updated on
If you have tested positive with COVID-19 while pregnant, do not panic. Because if you are positive then the little life inside is not likely to test positive too. This virus only affects you and not your baby. So far, studies have found that this virus does not cross the placenta, so your baby is safe.
If you are a lactating mother, don’t worry if your breast milk contains the virus. You can feed your baby while wearing a double mask and proper sanitising your hands before and after the feeding sessions. If you are asymptomatic or have mild symptoms, you should do the things given below.
First of all, if there is no other COVID-positive member in your family, then you have to isolate yourself and wear a mask.
- If you need to visit the doctor, give it priority first and consult your doctor online.
- Make sure your diet is protein-rich and contains the essential vitamins.
- Sleep adequately at least for 8 to 10 hours.
- Be happy. Have fun with your baby. It’s a new life and a new experience. Listen to music, sing a song if you like. Do whatever you want. You need to create positive energy around you and leave all worries behind.
Also, follow these protocols:
- Steam inhalation 3-4 times a day.
- Take a Betadine gargle.
- Drink plenty of lukewarm water i.e. 1-2 litres per day.
- Try breathing exercises like Pranayam for 40-50 minutes daily if you are comfortable.
- Monitor your vitals (BP, pulse, oxygen saturation, and respiratory rate) at least four times a day.
- Take necessary medication after consulting your doctor
- Take folic acid tablets once a day throughout your pregnancy. (Consult your doctor for this)
- Take a paracetamol tablet as an SOS only in case of fever, and after consulting the doctor.
NOTE- Continue medication for diabetes, thyroid, or any other issues. If there is a problem, or your symptoms are getting moderate or severe, then immediately contact your doctor.
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.