Mother Sayings You thought You’d never Say to Your Kids
Remember how your mother used to get sarcastic and nag you when you misbehaved or did not obey her? Well, don’t you often see yourself in the same light now that you have become a mom? Here are some famous mother’s sayings that you promised yourself would not say to your kids, however are repeating day in and out to your kids.
Bringing up kids is a difficult task. You realise it even more now that you have kids of your own. Have you ever thought how your mother might have dealt with a similar situation when you were young? Remember those sarcastic comments that you hated earlier, but now find yourself repeating to your kids? Here are some mother’s sayings that you thought you would never say to your kids, but do it anyway!
Funny Things Moms Say
Most of the sayings on this list sound mean, but do not mean anything. However, you can still find yourself telling them to your kids often in an attempt to scold them or train them. What they don’t know is that you have a hearty laugh later! You already realise that these are things which you had heard from your mom, just like them, and vowed never to repeat them to your kids! Refresh your memory with the popular moms’ one-liners mentioned below.
- Money does not grow on trees.
- Am I talking to a brick wall?
- If you’re too sick to go to school, you’re too sick to play outside.
- Do you think your socks are going to pick themselves up?
- Are you deaf or something?
- Your father is going to hear about this when he gets home!
- I hope someday you have children just like you.
- I’m going to skin you alive!
- All I do is follow you around, picking up after you like some maid.
- I’m not going to ask you again.
- I’m not your cleaning lady!
- I don’t have to explain myself. I said no.
- When you have your own house then you can make the rules!
- As long as you live under my roof, you’ll do as I say.
- Who taught you that? You didn’t learn that in this house
- Turn off that light. Do you think we own the electricity company?
- How do you know you don’t like it if you haven’t tasted it?
- Do not stay up too late!
- If you do not stop crying, I am going to give you something to cry about!
- You won’t be happy until you break that, will you?
- When you have kids of your own you will understand.
- Why? Because I said so, that is why!
- Say that again and I’ll wash your mouth out with soap.
Didn’t these sound familiar? I am sure they did and left you grinning from ear to ear. And while you swore you will never repeat these mom’s sayings when you have kids, we doubt you are keeping that promise you made to yourself.