Last Updated on
Are you travelling with an infant and worried about what food to pack for the baby for hygiene reasons if taking outside food? Here are some tips to solve these issues when you want to travel with your little one:
1. Roasted daliya – Heat a pan and add little ghee. Add some daliya and roast it till it is light brown. Let it cool.
2. Roasted rawa – Take a pan, add little ghee and rawa. Roast it till it is light brown. Let it cool.
3. Roasted nachni flour or wheat flour – Take the pan, add some ghee and nachni flour or wheat flour. Roast it till it is light brown. Let it cool.
4. Roasted dal khichdi – Take moong dal and rice. Wash them and soak them separately overnight. Next day rinse the whole water and keep it on a clean cotton soft cloth for drying. If possible then keep it in sunlight for drying. Once it is dry, then put in the mixer grinder and make a thick powder form. Let there be small pieces of dal rice and not complete powder form.
Packing tips –
- Small transparent zipper pouches of different sizes to store all the above-roasted food items in those pouches
- Pack 1 small pouch of sugar and 1 small pouch of jaggery powder
- Buy very small transparent containers and keep little salt and turmeric powder
- Some disposable bowls, plates and spoons
- Tissue papers
- 1 transparent zipper for detergent powder
- 2-3 different sizes of leak-proof containers to store cooked food while travelling around
- 1 transparent leak-proof container for ghee
- Small pan and spoon to cook the food for the baby or electric travel cookers
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.