Last Updated on
While pregnancy brings with it a lot of joy and excitement, it also brings in a lot of dilemma and questions, especially if you delivered your first child. Is my baby feeding enough? Is she sleeping right? Is she pooping too frequently? Is the AC temperature right for her, or could she be feeling hot with so many layers we have put on her? Maybe she is still feeling cold. Can I give milk powder to my baby along with breast milk? And a thousand other questions, the answers to which we keep seeking from Google, our mum or other experienced moms.
One of the most common dilemmas that moms face is whether or not should my child be wearing a diaper, what if she develops a diaper rash and what if my child is sleeping while wearing a wet nappy (in case she’s not wearing a diaper). Like every other thing, there are pros and cons to this as well, and I have discussed some here.
- Wearing a diaper is definitely uncomfortable.
- Frequent use of diapers can cause a diaper rash.
- Disposable diapers are expensive and thus lead to an additional expense.
- Diapers don’t decompose easily. It takes hundreds of years for the diaper to get decomposed, thus leading to environmental issues.
- The child sleeps peacefully, undisturbed by the wetness that is caused otherwise.
- We, as mothers, can rest knowing that the baby’s nappy isn’t wet.
- Cloth diapers are a cheaper alternative to disposable diapers.
- It saves time which otherwise goes in changing nappies because we all know winters equals frequent pees.
- It allows for a good night sleep, both for the moms and their babies.
No matter what people or Google says, a mother knows what is best for her baby, and she does everything to ensure the safety and well being of her baby. Cheers to all you wonderful moms.
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.