Easy Ragi Recipe for Babies
In this post, I have shared how to make ragi porridge/ ragi kanji/ ragi malt/ finger millet porridge in under ten minutes.
Ragi is a naturally gluten-free grain and contains a considerable amount of fibre.
Please note – Feed ragi porridge to babies 6 months and above only. Also, due to its high fibre content, it can cause loose stools. Therefore, ensure you feed it to your baby in moderation.
Ragi Porridge Recipe:
- Ragi flour (finger millet flour) – 2 tablespoon
- Salt – a pinch
- Water – 1 cup
- Milk – 1/2 cup (optional)
For the Ragi flour –
- Take one cup of ragi and soak it in a 2 to 3 cups of water overnight.
- The next day, drain the water completely using a muslin cloth.
- Keep the ragi in a vessel, covered with a lid for a day for it to sprout.
- The next day, dry it under the sun for 4 hours.
- When it is completely dried, grind it to a fine powder.
- Sieve it and store in an airtight container.
Raagi Porridge Preparation:
- In a bowl, take a cup of water.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of ragi flour and whisk it to get rid of any lumps,
- Heat the mixture in a pan, and bring it to a boil.
- Keep stirring to avoid the mixture from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Add a pinch of salt to the mixture and stir well.
- When the mixture starts thickening and it has a glossy texture, switch off the flame.
- Cool the mixture down completely before feeding your little one.
You must also know the health benefits of ragi porridge. Let’s take a look at them.
Health Benefits of Ragi Porridge:
1. Ragi porridge helps babies gain weight.
2. Ragi promotes better digestion.
3. It contains calcium and iron supplements, which aids proper growth and development in babies.
4. Iron helps prevent anaemia too.
5. Makes babies teeth stronger.
6. Provides minerals and vitamins too.
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.