Yes, the lockdown is most harsh for the kids who are trapped inside the house. But they are fighting brave – actually, better than us! I am sure they all now know what this lockdown means. They somehow find ways to keep themselves busy. Here are the top 5 activities which my kid does to keep herself busy!
1. Learn dance and music: Music heals everything and dancing expresses your emotions. My kid suddenly wanted to learn kathak, and learned some basic moves of kathak and ballet from YouTube. She even learns the basic of classical singing. It actually helped her improve her dancing skills!
2. Art: Yes, whenever she says that she wants to watch TV, I give her something to draw – and now, she draws everyday. Sometimes she draws something which makes no sense, but it keeps her busy. Just give them colours and see their rainbows. It makes them happy!
3. Reading books: Books are your best friend, especially during this time. Make a habit for your child to read one story every night before going to bed. It will help to improve their writing skills, too. They can pen down their experiences of the lockdown as well.
4. Helping mommy: Give them work like watering plants, dusting, arranging cushions, and keeping their toys and books tidy. They can also play with their younger siblings when mommy is busy in the kitchen. My stress level goes down when the elder one dons my role happily.
5. Watch a kids’ movie: Make them watch interesting kids’ movies like Frozen, Lion King and others. It helps to improve their vocabulary and generate new ideas. My child now only speaks English in an accent (haha!) and records videos of herself making imaginative stories.
I hope these tips help you keep your child engaged in some activity apart from long hours of watching television and mobile phone, which affects their mind and eyes. Please share your thoughts and reviews, too! Happy Quarantine!
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.