It is monsoon season and with it comes hair and skin concerns. We all have so many ingredients lying around in our kitchen which are enriched with the goodness of protein and vitamins. So, let’s make a hair pack using natural ingredients. It will provide nutrition to your hair and moisturise it from within.
What you need:
1. Egg (1)- Egg yolks are rich in protein, Vitamin B complex and folic acid. Egg whites are rich in protein, magnesium, sodium and potassium. Eggs condition your hair naturally and are great for frizzy hair. They also promote hair growth.
2. Ripe Banana (1) – Bananas are rich in potassium, carbohydrates and natural oils. They are also enriched with Vitamin B6 (20%) and Vitamin C (14%). It helps in moisturising your hair from the core and maintains natural elasticity.
3. Ripe Papaya (1 small bowl)– Papaya is great for thinning hair, dandruff and flaky scalp. It is rich in Vitamin C, B9 A, protein and carbohydrates.
4. Honey (1 spoon)– Honey is a natural moisturizer. It restores the lost shine in the hair and adds moisture to dry strands.
5. Curd (1 Spoon)– Curd is rich in fatty acids, zinc, magnesium and potassium. It is essential for smooth and frizz-free hair.
6. Almond Oil- (2 spoons)– Almond oil strengthens and moisturises hair. It prevents split ends and is rich in antioxidants and Vitamin E
7. Vitamin E Serum (optional)(1 spoon)– We can get Vitamin E in the form of capsules from the market. Vitamin E is named as a beauty vitamin and moisturises hair.
How to make:
1. Blend the banana and papaya in a blender until smooth,
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend again. It should be creamy and fluffy in texture. Transfer it to a bowl.
How to use:
1. Apply the pack to your hair, focusing on the scalp.
2. Cover with a shower cap and leave on for 30 minutes- 1 hour.
2. Shampoo and condition your hair with plain water.
Few points to take care of:
1. Make sure your hair is clean before applying the pack.
2. Brush and detangle your hair before applying the mask.
3. Banana and papaya should be blended properly to make it into a creamy texture for hassle-free application and rinsing.
4. Apply the pack, section by section, the way we colour our hair so that each and every strand gets covered from the root to tip.
5. Apply the pack once a week for the best results.
Quality of hair can deteriorate during the monsoon and become unmanageable. Using this pack will give you strong, luscious and frizz-free hair. so say goodbye to monsoon hair woes!
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.