Last Updated on
1. To a cup of boiled milk, add half a tablespoon of turmeric powder, and 2 to 3 pinches each of black pepper and sugar. Drinking this boiled milk before going to bed, like tea, develops good immunity, and also relieves cough, cold, and flu symptoms. This milk could be given to kids as well, but make sure to cool it down before giving this to a toddler.
2. In the early morning hours, drinking a glass of warm water with rock salt and the juice of half a lemon will be of relief if you have a cold.
3. Boil 250 ml of milk, add two dried dates, and cook till half of the mixture remains. Drinking this milk will relieve symptoms of cold.
4. Applying and massaging warm mustard oil on the feet, legs, and nose will also relieve from cold symptoms.
5. Take about one cup of water, add about 7-10 basil leaves, 4 crushed peppercorns, 4 crushed cloves, and crushed ginger. Boil this mixture. When 1/4th of it remains, sieve the water. You can add a pinch of rock salt, and drink it like tea.
Roast about 4-5 tablespoons of carom seeds (ajwain) in a pan. Tie it in a thin cotton cloth. Inhale the fumes. This is also a good remedy for babies. Keep this tied-up cloth near the baby’s pillow safely, and let him inhale its fumes. Babies frequently have blocked nostrils when they are asleep, due to cold, and this is a great remedy.
For Body Ache:
Massaging warm mustard oil with salt added to it all over the body will relieve body ache due to cold.
For Throat Pain and Hoarse Voice Due to Cold:
1. The best remedy is to add salt to warm water, and gargling with it on a regular basis, at least 3-4 times a day.
2. Warm up betel leaf juice in mustard oil, and apply it over your neck.
1. Dry cough – coughing without mucous
2. Wet cough – coughing with mucous
3. Whooping cough – ‘whoop’ sound while coughing, and getting cough attacks frequently
1. Protect the patient from cold, and give lukewarm water to drink.
2. Take 2 pinches of black pepper powder with 1 tablespoon of honey two times a day.
For Whooping Cough:
2. Cook or fry garlic pieces in mustard oil, let the oil cool down, then apply it on your child’s chest and back.
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.