Breastfeeding – Way for Better Bonding between Mom and Baby
Hi everyone! Today I’m going to tell about the pros and cons of breastfeeding.
Breastfeeding is very important for a newborn baby and it should be the only food till 6 months, it is advised to breastfeed baby till she attains at least the age of 1 year.
Breastfeeding helps to develop an emotional bonding between child and mother, and the child feels secure.
Breastfeeding helps mother in many ways, it helps to recover from childbirth quickly, breastfeeding mothers have reduced rate of developing breast or ovarian cancer, it prevents the development of heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
Breastfeeding makes children immune to infection, reduces rist of obesity in childhood or at a later stage, helps in jaw development, and also brain, eyes and other body systems, it satisfies baby’s thirst.
General Tips for Breastfeeding
- While breastfeeding, support baby’s neck and shoulders with your hand, dont hold his head let him find the best position for attaching to your breast.
- Bring your baby to your beast, not breast to your baby.
- Gently brush your baby’s mouth with the underside of your areola, this will make your baby open his mouth widely.
- Garlic, spinach, fenugreek seeds help to increase breast milk
- Please avoid processed food or artificial milk powder during first 6 months.
- One should breastfeed baby 8 to 12 times in a span of 24 hrs.
Breast milk has got all the nutients which help baby to develop resistance to infection as baby’s immune system is still under development stage. Its good to feed the baby every 2 hrs or as and when your baby needs.
One more imp thing is, as the baby’s teeth start erupting, dont breastfeed baby whole night as it will lead to develop nursing bottle caries of milk teeth, so please avoid such habit.
Once all milk teeth erupt, soon after breast feeding, clean baby’s teeth with a finger brush or soft cotton cloth. This will help to prevent the development of nursing bottle caries
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.