Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.
2020 – A Year to Remember!
We are witnessing a chapter of history right now; one we would narrate to our kids in and grandkids in the future because this has never ever happened before. The year 2020 is surely marking its presence in history forever in the most dreadful way.
Dreadful because this pandemic has:
- Forced us to be at homes for the longest time.
- We cannot move out freely and carefree anymore.
- Social distancing is keeping our loved ones away from us.
- Wearing masks when moving out of homes.
- The doctors and nurses are risking their lives daily.
- The police force is on nonstop duty in such difficult times.
- Schools and colleges are closed.
- Most corporate offices and workspace are closed.
- Some businesses are at a loss.
- Some people are jobless.
- Scarcity of daily essentials.
- Closure of commercial buildings causing huge losses.
- Most playgrounds, malls and hotels are closed.
- Daily wagers lost everything.
- Birds and stray animals suffered due to lack of food and water.
- No proper sendoff to loved ones who lost their lives during this time.
The year 2020 seems to be belonging to mother nature. Months are passing by, but still, humans on the entire planet are left with a no option but to bow down in front of our beloved mother.
This makes me think, do we actually love mother nature? Have we been taking enough care of her? Is 2020 a reminder from mother earth to the human race?
I think yes, it’s definitely a reminder for all of us. We should take a lesson from this and be aware and more conscious henceforth.
Since the pandemic has occurred, a lot of importance is given to sanitisation, healthcare and immunity building. But still, here we are – focusing on ourselves to protect ourselves. We have made changes in our daily lifestyle to protect us from the virus. So, I would like to urge to make a few more changes in the lifestyle and incorporate environment-friendly products, habits, and culture, too.
The final lesson from 2020 is: Along with maintaining our health and hygiene, we need to maintain our mother earth, too.