- Name :marquis
- Meaning :of the border,marquis how a young man name is pronounced mar-keece, mar-kiss, mar-kee. it is the old french origin, and the meaning of marquis is "nobleman; lord of the borderlands". originally a title of nobility for aristocrats whose holdings were at risk border (the trademark). it is a lower rank than the duke, but higher than the count, viscount or baron. as a personal name it may be affected by the name, derived from the latin marcus. phonetic variants show that parents prefer mar-keece, probably with the marquis as the name of title. marquis (mar-kiss) is a variant of a scottish surname. the football players marquez pope; baseball player marquis grissom. the shape of the sea-.,a title of nobility, the gentry,the ruler of the borderlands
- Gender :Boy
Similar Names For marquis
- Kingthe king as a young man by the name is the old english origin, and the importance of the king is "the king". one of the several titles that, at times, also as a given name. the other man's name title of caesar, count, czar, duke, earl, khanh, dukes, and marquises. modern can be used, and inspired by martin luther king.,executive,man, king,monarch,sovereign
- Lafayettethe faith,of the hetire,of the land of the hague,lafayette how a young man name is very lah-fay-ett. it is of french origin. can be derived from "foi", which means "to believe". historical: the marquis de lafayette, a french noble, was only 20 when he came to serve four years in america to the revolutionary cause. when he returned to america, is welcomed as a hero.
- Marchesathe name of marchesa is a girl name . marchesa, which is pronounced with a k-sound more like a ch, it adapts perfectly to all those young people called messiah and king. in italy, one of marchesa is the wife of the marquis. in france, the equivalent title of marquis and marchioness, and in england, the marquis and the marquise. the title is the most in the current term, thanks to georgina chapman and karen craig fashion house marchesa.
- Marquiselord,marquesa as a girl's name (also more frequent than kids his name, the marquise) is very sea-kees. it is of french origin. the female equivalent to the french, the title of "marquis". the marquise is a grade name of the spanish nobility, the place and the name of a group of islands in the south pacific.
- Markeishamarkeisha as a girl's name is pronounced mar-kee-sha. it is of american origin. modern mix of sea and keisha, may be an evolution of the preferred sound of the marquise (mar-keese).
Select the collection list Create +
Create New CollectionCollection Name