Last Updated on
Ragi is one of the richest sources of calcium and iron. It is recommended to pregnant ladies and breastfeeding mothers as the requirement for calcium doubles during pregnancy and nursing. If you are pregnant or a breastfeeding mother, I am sharing a nutritious ragi recipe that you can make at home in no time. Ragi pops or laddoos are very nutritious and tasty.
They boost milk supply and can prove to be a very healthy snack for moms. As they are energy-dense, they are perfect pre-or-post work out snacks options. Ragi is high in calcium and essential for strong bones of the mother and the baby.
Recipe of Ragi Pops/Ragi Laddoos
The recipe of ragi pops which I am sharing below is sugar-free. I have added nuts and raisins as the nuts makes them crunchy and raisins make them sweet. This can also be a healthy alternative to the sweets laden with sugar. So here is the recipe for the very healthy ragi nutri pops are easy to prepare at home.
Preparation time – 10 – 15 minutes; Serving size – 4
- Ragi flour – 1.5 cup
- Rawa – 1.5 cup
- Dates (deseeded) – 1 cup
- Raisins (chopped) – 1/2 cup
- Almonds (chopped) – 1/4 cup
- Khus khus – 1/2 cup
- Pure ghee (homemade) – 1/4 cup
- Cardamom powder 1/4 teaspoon
How to Make
- Dry roast the ragi flour till it gives an aroma.
- Dry roast the rawa separately until it is light brown aromatic.
- In a pan, take the dates, mash them with a spoon. Then add the roasted rawa and ragi flour. Mix it well.
- Then add in the chopped raisins and almonds, pure ghee and cardamom powder. Mix well so that all the ingredients bind together.
- Make lemon size balls from the mixture.
- Take the khus khus in a plate and roll the laddoos on it.
Enjoy this healthy delicious sugar-free laddoos whenever you feel like snacking. Store them in an airtight container and consume them within a week.
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.