Last Updated on
Shopping with my parents for festivals and especially for birthdays was very exciting.
Going to a hotel was a must! My regular order at the hotel was Butter chicken and Watermelon juice, and my sister’s would be a chocolate milkshake. Our shopping day would never complete without an ice-cream. I miss those days!
Also watching my favourite tv shows like Karishma ka Karishma, Son Pari, Shakalaka Boom Boom, and Shararat. Believing that the pencil used in Shakalaka Boom Boom was magical and asking our parents to buy the same pencil! I’m really missing those shows!
They say that “Memories of childhood were the dreams that stayed with you after you woke.”
Here are some of my memories from my childhood, that I can remember right now-
- Having a pen-fight during class or when the teacher wasn’t around.
- That moment when you become the class monitor and write the names of all the people who talk in class (especially those who aren’t your friends!), in the corner of the blackboard.
- Munching on some snacks or even lunch during the Maths class.
- Shouting out to that ice-cream seller who was always in a hurry.
- Using Facebook in the computer lab, when the teacher goes out for some important work.
- Staring up when you hear a plane passing by.
- Building a castle on your bed with pillows and bedsheets.
- Walking up on a slide in a reverse manner.
- Buttering mummy to buy some noodles or some other goodies when she’s about to go to the market.
- Praying to God that you pass, and if you do, you’ll give Him an offering.
- Leading the class group to your class teacher about the Maths teacher taking up your sports period.
- Surprising your favourite teacher during Teacher’s day and seeing her smile all day long.
- During the holiday season, being extra punctual about our then tv series like Tom and Jerry, Takeshi’s Castle, Rob on Pogo and many more…
- Getting scared, while watching Courage the Cowardly Dog.
- Beaming with pride after giving the correct answer while watching KBC, before the contestant answers!
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.