- Name :norma
- Meaning :from the north,from the north; or, the pattern,rule how to a girl's name is pronounced standard. it is of latin origin, and the importance of the norm is "the norm". in bellini's 1832 tragic opera "norma" norma is a druidess at the time of the roman occupation of england. the name was probably invented by felice romani, and is not a feminine form of norman, which means "man of the north". the actress norma shearer; the fashion designer norma kamali.
- Gender :Girl
Similar Names For norma
- Iangod is merciful,god is merciful,ian as a name of children is very ee one eye. it is scottish gaelic and the origin, and the meaning of ian is "god is gracious". variant of john. iain is the normal scottish gaelic spelling. author ian fleming, actor ian mckellen.,the lord is merciful
- Ellaeverything, everything; fairy maiden,all; the others, the strangers, and he/she,she, as a girl's name is pronounced in the ah. it is of old german origin, and the importance of it is that of "the other, the stranger". originally an acronym of the names of ali (see eleanor). also the pe form of alice, elbows, elvira isabel. it can also be a derivative of the german name of alja meaning "all". in the hebrew, it means "goddess". the name was introduced into britain by the normans. elle is a variant on familiar, the of supermodel elle macpherson. the singer ella fitzgerald. also the shape of the cinderella. also the form of helen.,the sympathy, the compassion,the young
- Eileenbeautiful bird,bright, bright,desired; or a ray of sunshine, ray of light,eileen how to a girl's name is pronounced " eye-leen. two anglisierte forms of irish, gaelic written name of eibhlín (see eibhlin), eilín, or aibhlín (see aibhlin). the other way is evelyn or evlin. derived from norman french aveline, a derivative of vpa, which possibly means "bird". fashion designer eileen fisher; actress eileen brennan. also the shape of eleanor. also the form of helen.,the torch of the light
- Mauricea dark-skinned person,a swamp, a dark, black, came,dark-skinned,dark-skinned,maurice how to a girl's name is pronounced maw-reese. it is of latin origin, and the importance of maurice is "dark-skinned, moorish". it is also a anglisierte form of muirgheas (irish, gaelic) "sailor" and, finally, a derivation of the phoenician term "mauharim", that is to say, "ostler". roman called introduced into britain by the normans, and is often used in the 17. saint maurus (sixth century) was a french writer, a saint. see also merrick. the actor maurice chevalier; writer, maurice sendak; composer maurice ravel.
- Jessiediminutive of jessica jean,foresight; or, god is merciful,jessie as a girl name, used less frequently than the boys of their name jessie) is very jess-ee. it is of hebrew origin, and the meaning of jessie is "he sees". pet form of jessica, also recorded in scotland from an early date as a pet form of jean and diminutive of janet. it is also a variation of the spelling of the male name jesse. jess is a popular prefix in the contemporary girls ' name, especially in the mixes, the sound as jocelyn. opera diva jessye norman. also the shape of jasmine.,who can provide rich
- Joycejoyce how to a girl's name is pronounced joyce. it is of latin origin, and the importance of joyce is the "lord". norman male name josce or josse, by jodocus, a latin form of a breton name, iodoc held by the seventh-century breton saint. in the middle ages is used. its use as a girl's name 16. nineteenth and twentieth centuries in the puritanern indicates, have been associated with the vocabulary word "joy." advice columnist dr. joyce brothers; the writer joyce carol oates.,the small lord,lord,happy, joyful,of the lord
- Nigelthe champion or the black, the champion, cloud, passionate or black come from the clouds,the dark, black-haired,nigel how a young man by the name is pronounced nye-jel®. he is irish gaelic and the origin, and the meaning of nigel is "champion". variant of niall. it is also possible (in latin) "black". the name was well travelled. niall in ireland and scotland, and was njals in scandinavia, form the latin nigellus in the region of normandy, then, is nigel in england. the actor nigel havers.
- Williamdecided protection,the strength of mind and the protection of the brave protectors,william how to a girl's name is pronounced wil-yum. it is of old german origin, and the importance of william is strong protector. of wil, with the meaning of be, desire and the helmet, with the meaning helmet, protection. for a long time after the norman conquest in 1066 ad, three of the four english guys that were there some way the conqueror, the name of william. abbreviations and variants, are met in common the fundamental meaning of to be, probably or resolved. william was a real name in the united kingdom for almost a thousand years. the firstborn son of the current prince of wales, named william. see also willard. the playwright william shakespeare; the actor willem dafoe, william hurt, billy crudup, bill pullman, film director wim wenders; poet william blake; author william faulkner; us president william h. harrison, william h. taft, william mckinley; bill clinton.,with gold plated helmet
- Alfredadvice of the elves,of alfred how to a girl's name is pronounced al-fred. it is the old english origin, and the meaning of alfred is "eleven, the council of magic". a rather common name before the norman conquest of england, with the name of alfred the great (ninth century), king of wessex. of queen victoria, he called his second son, alfred. the name was revived in the 19th century, but has faded since. an unlikely choice for parents because of the dent alfred e. neuman from "mad magazine". alfie is a pet-form; alfredo (al-fray-doh) is the latin form. the poet alfred tennyson; movie director alfred hitchcock.,eleven counsel,eleven rule/advisor,wise counselor
- Walterthe army, the ruler, the army of the rulers,the rulers of the army,walter how a young man name is pronounced walter. it is of old german origin, and the importance of walter is army ruler. from an old french name of origin germanic formed by the forest reign and heri army, are the same as the elements of harold. norman name, which was brought to the united kingdom, replaced the ancient original in english wealdhere, and it has been used, but steadily for the last 900 years. the cartoonist walt disney: poet wealdhere 4; journalist walter cronkite; actor walter brennan, walter matthau.
- BertrandIntelligent; Glorious Raven; Introduced to Britain During the Norman Conquest; Bright Shield; Wise Person, Intelligent, Glorious Raven, Introduced to Britain During the Norman Conquest, Bright Shield, Wise Person
- Robertbright glory,bright fame,famed, bright, shining, glory,robert how to a girl's name is pronounced rah-bert. it is of old german origin, and the importance of robert is "bright fame". one of the favorite name for boys since the middle ages. especially favored by the scots due to 14th-century king robert the bruce and poet robert burns. name of the 11th century, duke of normandy, who was also a crusader. senator robert kennedy; poet robert burns; actor robert deniro, robert duvall, rob schneider; author robert lawson; general robert e. lee, the writer robert ludlum; baseball player roberto alomar, roberto clemente.
- Leonardbrave as a lion,the lion brave,courageous lion, lionhearted,leonard how to a girl's name is pronounced len-ard, le-aw-nard. it is of old german origin, and the importance of leonard is "lion strength". from an old french name, derived from the germanic lion "lion" hard and robust, brave, strong". name of the fifth century, is the patron saint of peasants and horses. the name was in the united kingdom by the normans and became popular in the 19th century. the composer leonard bernstein; actor leonard nimoy, the actor leonardo dicaprio.,strong as a lion
- Garya spear,gary how to a girl's name is pronounced gare-ee. it is the old english origin, and the meaning of gary is "spear". transferred use of the surname, which probably dates from a norman, name origin germanic, a shortened form of a name starting with nothing. american industrial-elbert h. gary gave his name to the steel-city of gary, indiana, in the year 1906. the "a" in the name of the city manifests itself as the air, so that the common respelling garry. the name was made famous during the 1930s by the actor gary cooper. now, it is also as a pet form of gareth, and garfield. cartoonist garry trudeau, gary larson; actor gary sinise, gary oldman. also the shape of the attic. also the form of gerald.,spear,spear rule of spearman
Select the collection list Create +
Create New CollectionCollection Name