- Name :moses
- Meaning :born of god,born of yahweh; rescued from the water,delivery of water,which drags moses how a young man by the name is pronounced, the ministry of health-ziz. it is of hebrew origin, and the meaning of moises is "saviour". it is also possible (in hebrew) "drawn out of water". biblically: the name of the hebrew child was moved from the nile and adopted by the egyptians by the pharaoh's daughter. moses later became the great leader of the exiled children of israel. moses ben maimon (12th century), also known as maimonides, was a jewish scholar born in moorish spain. he was the personal physician of saladin, the sultan of egypt, and was famous for his writings in hebrew and in arabic), in logic, mathematics, medicine, law and theology jewish. the name of moses, which was accepted by the puritanern in the 17th century. the nineteenth century, and especially in jewish families. the israeli defense minister moshe dayan.
- Gender :Boy
Similar Names For moses
- Miriambeloved,miriam how to a girl's name is pronounced mar-ee-em. it is of hebrew origin, and the meaning of miriam is "star of the sea". from miryam, an older version of the name mary. other possible uses of "wish for child", "rebellion" or "sea of bitterness". biblical: the sister of moses, his life was saved, as a baby, if hid him in a basket among the reeds at the river's edge for the pharoah's daughter. the name was revived in the 18th century. century. the singer miriam makeba.,the sea or bitter,rebellious woman who wanted to the child
- Kalebthe devotion to god,dog,caleb as a name of children is very kay-leb. it is of hebrew origin, and the meaning of kaleb is "dog; tenacious and aggressive". variant of caleb. biblical name for a companion of moses and abraham.,to be true,very cute
- ZipporahHebrew - Bird, Derived from the element 'Tsippowr' which means bird. The name was borne by the wife of Moses in the Bible
- MoesheEgyptian - Born of; Child; Drawn Out Of The Water; A variant of Moses, Egyptian - Born of, Child, Drawn Out Of The Water, A variant of Moses
- Leviticusthe membership of the levites leviticus as a girl's name is of greek origin, and the importance of moses is "belonging to the levites". name of the third book of the old testament, which contains religious and ethical laws for the priests and the faithful.,in reference to the descendants of levi
- Zipporabird,cardt, as a girl's name is of hebrew origin, and the importance of the cardt is bird. name in the bible: zipporah the wife of moses.
- OdallA Spanish Variant of Moses that means off the water or taken out of the water., A Spanish Variant of Moses that means off the water or taken out of the water.
- Tzipporahtzipporah as a girl's name. variant cardt (hebrew) the bird. biblical: zipporah was moses ' wife. unusual.
- OdalricA Yiddish variant of Moses that means Delivered or derived out of water., A Yiddish variant of Moses that means Delivered or derived out of water.
Select the collection list Create +
Create New CollectionCollection Name